Archibald J Wright engine

Patrick Knight in Oz has managed to buy this engine. The label says it is a Sydney made engine but we think it was probably made from the A J Wrights Islington Castings. The A J Wright is shown in the A to Z of Stationary Engines & Patricks engine is at

anyone have one over here or know any history of the firm. Also is there anyone in London who knows if 318 Upper Street Islington still exists? TIA

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Dave Croft

Patrick Livingstone I think :-) ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

In message , Dave Croft writes

Patrick Livingstone, surely?

Upper Street was still there in the 90's - I used to eat in a cracking Chinese restaurant (Youngs, I think) in Upper Street back then. A 2001 copy of the A-Z shows Upper Street as still being there (a fairly major thoroughfare, in fact). A quick Google finds a branch of Sainsbury's at No. 317 - 318 and also Upper Cut Hair and Beauty Salon at No. 318.

I haven't actually seen any of these with my own eyes.

Regards

Pete

Reply to
Peter Scales

Sorry Guys, you are of course perfectly right to point out my total stupidity in naming the wrong Patrick. Patrick Knight came to mind as I had just been looking up the engine in the A to Z for which he was the main author!

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Dave Croft

I have now given the engine a good clean up and freed everything up. It has good compression so once I make up a burner and fuel lines it should run. I have added some more pics of it to its web page:

anyone seen one of these?

Reply to
Patrick M Livingstone