What is this Engine?

On the ATIS list Rob Skinner wants to know the manufacturer of this engine. I think it is English but can't be sure what it is. Lets have your opinion. See

for mystery engine.

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Dave Croft

Sorry I should have said look for "Unknown engine (help me here!) "

Reply to
Dave Croft

It's a Ruston & Hornsby IP 10hp, same one as I photographed.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Dave --

Looks like the same Ruston AP that was at Portland. Have mailed Ron. Those that know better, please correct this as necessary.....

Colin

Reply to
Colin Osborne

Yup, it's an IP alright, just like tthe one I should own.

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

If it is this one

have overtaken us as the caption has changed. ;o))

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
J K Siddorn

It is this groups efforts that have caused the change.

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Dave Croft

Yeah, you guys are the bomb. Despite it's obvious English influence, I didn't think to ask you guys. Anyway, thanks to all who asssisted in the ID of the Ruston & Hornsby IP.

I was telling Peter F. that it's really difficult for us Yanks to identify your engines. If in the future you stencil the manufacturer on the sides of all engines, in big yellow letters, we might be able to identify them.

Thanks for all the help. Rob

Reply to
Rob Skinner

Exactly as I said in my email to you, we are just as much at a disadvantage with overseas engines, albeit better nowadays with copies of Wendel's books in a lot of libraries (our local library at Higham Ferrers had the BYB) and a lot of imported engines making it out onto the rally fields.

I've been updating Ray Hooley's site over the weekend, and even with factory literature at my fingertips, I find the variety of models with very similar appearances very confusing at first glance.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

At least for the English and American engines, Knight and Wendel have provided excellent resources.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Skinner