What is this Engine?

On the ATIS list Rob Skinner wants to know the manufacturer of this engine.
I think it is English but can't be sure what it is.
Lets have your opinion.
See
for mystery engine.
--
Dave Croft
Warrington

Dave Croft
It's a Ruston & Hornsby IP 10hp, same one as I photographed.
Peter
Peter A Forbes
Dave --
Looks like the same Ruston AP that was at Portland. Have mailed Ron. Those that know better, please correct this as necessary.....
Colin
Reply to
Colin Osborne
Yeah, you guys are the bomb. Despite it's obvious English influence, I didn't think to ask you guys. Anyway, thanks to all who asssisted in the ID of the Ruston & Hornsby IP.
I was telling Peter F. that it's really difficult for us Yanks to identify your engines. If in the future you stencil the manufacturer on the sides of all engines, in big yellow letters, we might be able to identify them.
Thanks for all the help. Rob
Reply to
Rob Skinner
Exactly as I said in my email to you, we are just as much at a disadvantage with overseas engines, albeit better nowadays with copies of Wendel's books in a lot of libraries (our local library at Higham Ferrers had the BYB) and a lot of imported engines making it out onto the rally fields.
I've been updating Ray Hooley's site over the weekend, and even with factory literature at my fingertips, I find the variety of models with very similar appearances very confusing at first glance.
Peter
Peter A Forbes

Site Timeline