Stuart Turner P55 for sale

I've decided that as I'm never likely to use or rally my P55 industrial engine, I shall sell it.

Although it had not been run in many years when I bought it, it was basically sound and I've added wheels and axles to make the original steel channel frame into a strong and neat trolley. The wheels have been bored to improve their fit and must be the best running wheels I ever saw on a stationary engine.

It's had a thorough pressure wash, I've stripped the carb and serviced the magneto. A fresh coat of paint and a little signwriting freshened it up no end and it now starts easily without gypsy's breath and runs nicely on the governor. The new exhaust system is very effective and it makes an easy neighbour to live with.

I'm about to put it up on Ebay, but if anyone on this NG is interested, you can make me an offer ;o)) . You can see some before and after photos at

Regards,

Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
J K Siddorn

and a very nice job you made of it too. I love the phrase "wearysome haggling" :-) ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Nice motor mister - just the sort of 'different' exhibit (i.e. not an OC engine or a Lister D) which would add welcome variety to any rally. I shall watch its progress with interest but sadly must keep my hands in my pockets on this occasion.

BTW. Well done for not being coy about announcing on NG that you have an engine for sale, but if you decide to part with an N, let me know first ;-)

Reply to
Nick H

Thank you Roland, praise indeed!

I actually don't object to haggling in the slightest, it's just that E-bay is a different thing and I think that if you put all your cards on the table at the outset, you put yourself at more of a disadvantage from a vendor's point of view than would normally be the case.

Terms of Business are very important and too many people fail to state them.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Agreed, I'd be very keen to own it myself, but due to the purchase of the new trailer funds are limited at present :-( I could always sell the 1918 M type I suppose, he says thinking out loud :-)

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
Philip THornton-Evison

This link takes me to some maps. ?

John

Reply to
John Manders

Come on then, who bought it?

Reply to
Nick H

Nick, you're as nosey as me.

Do tell, Kim.

Teflon Phil sounded very tempted to me!

Reply to
Arthur G

Should be

Philip rang me last night and after discussion, we came to an amicable part exchange involving his Maytag twin and the ST P55.

No doubt he is now as twitchy as me to get his hands on his new toy!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Good oh, swaps are always more satisfying than monetary transactions. The Maytag should be fun and hopefully we will see the P55 out and about.

Reply to
Nick H

Well, I have this dynamo which would go very nicely with the P55. Mind you, in the litertaure I have, at 3 kW output, it guzzles fuel at the rate of a gallon per 1.75 hours. Perhaps you won't see it out *that* much :-))

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
Philip THornton-Evison

Best just hang a token pea lamp on the end of it then!

Reply to
Nick H

Is nobody at work today then.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

snip

Hey Martin, Don't use dirty language like that! Us retired gentlemen don't like the "W" swearword!

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Dave Croft

"Campingstoveman" wrote

Yes, but I have to check for incoming email regularly and the NG is only one click away ;-)

BTW I note from 'another place' that you have one of the Chinese lathe/mill/drill thingies - how do you find it?

Hope you make it to Lamport - one of Helen and my favourite rallies.

Reply to
Nick H

Once my toe stops telling me it is there I am sure I will make Lamport, my concern is banging it so I should wear safety boots but my Chiropodist says that is the last thing I should wear as it will only agrivate the toe. Yes I have a mill drill which I bought from a company I used to work for for a very small sum of money £50.00, I actually bought it on behalf of them new and when I left it didn't get used again. I find it a very useful machine, it is very rigid in design and is over

11yrs old, the basic design has not changed but they do seem a little more flimsey in areas. Its all mandraulic but I have bought a small motor with high torque to give me table feed, I have a three tooth vertical slab cutter which will allow me cuts up to 3 mm without moaning. Using it as a drilling machine gives me greater accuracy as well. I am more than pleased as also I am with my Clarke Mill Drill lathe which came from another company I worked at for a small sum. I have to keep the gib strips up to scratch only because the original design does not allow for lock nuts, I have recently bought some longer grub screws and lock nuts to overcome this fault.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman