Post your workshop

Newsgroup is a bit quiet at the moment, so I thought i'd try and start a thread to get things going.

Everyone post pics of their workshop/shed and what they are working on at the moment.

I'll go first (obviously :). This is my section of our big barn we have, it's mostly full of junk, but I cleared out this corner so that I could work on my engines, it's where I keep my LD and my D and where I restored the D.

Here's my pictures:

Currently i'm working on a replica trolly for my D type, notice the skillfully crafted handles ;) OK, OK, so I didn't make those, I haven't learnt to weld yet, my dad made those for me, rather nice don't you think? I'm pleased with em! :)

Regards Chris

Reply to
Chris Crocker - White

campingstoveman

Phew I'm glad you said bomb :-) If the flypress is in your way........ I'm also looking for a heavyweight set of rolls...say 24" wide and able to cope with up to 3-5mm. BTW its no use anyone trying to mail me at the moment, problems hopefully of short duration. regards

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

I'll try and get some pictures of my total chaos this week - moved house on Friday including over 4 tons of iron so things are in a bit of a mess at the moment. Haven't found the digital camera yet - still trying to figure out where to put the autotruck chassis that's clogging the patio (anyone want it? free to collector!).

Roland - please let me know when your e-mail is fixed - I'm well chuffed with the Ogle stuff BTW!

Will also do a reply to the Tangye thread when I find the relevant box with my stuff in it.

Regards Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

Bet it's exhaust pots for esoteric 1920's two strokes.....

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

Bit thick for a exhaust pot ?

Mart>>

Reply to
campingstoveman

Close but no cigar. The pots will be made from time-expired diving cylinders of which I took delivery of samples at the weekend. I'd settle for something with 1mm capacity (especially if it had the shaped rolls but also need to roll pulleys as I can't get pipe of the right OD. I'll probably end up paying the local fabricator to do em as he is a Ruston Bucyrus collector (six at the last count). I look forward to hearing that your Ogle runs very soon.... regards from a very sticky Devon Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Hehe, very messy indeed! :)

Regards Chris

Reply to
CJ Crocker - White

To the right of the shed picture is a large pile of timber, under which is hiding an Alfasud. Dotted around the place are 19 cylinders-worth of engines

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Ah the ALFASUD, shame about the tinworm, the ORIGINAL hot hatch! Still got some bits from mine in the garage, Loved that car! Rust and a Volvo killed it off!

Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

Mine is a _perfect_ external bodyshell, just waiting for me to weld the cracked firewall around the steering rack mounts. It's going to be worth waiting for. 8-)

One of the smallest engines I've ever had, yet one of the most fun cars to drive.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Nice trailer Martin.

Reply to
John Manders

Also very cheap. :-))

Reply to
campingstoveman

Nobody spotted the two classic cars in my pics then.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

I've just put a few pics of what will be my new workshop up at

(top album) things are still evolving -machine tools are all in the garage with about 20 engines at the moment - have been concentrating on getting the house habitable and trying to tame the jungle that was once a garden so far...

At least I shouldn't be able to push projects into the corner when I get bored of them ;-)

Cheers

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

Yeah ............easy........ a VW and a Welsh trailer........

Or a Bedford and an IMP?

Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

What!!! An Alfa with no rust??????? Now thats rare!!! Lol

Great engine. Handles well, but one or two quirks, inboard discs for one, used to fade like hell on the hills around here, changed to Mintex pads which made it better. Then braided hoses (cost a bomb at the time) and finally rigged some ducting from front of car. And finally got brakes to match the handling.

Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

No _external_ rust.

I bought it in '97 - there are bills from '95 for almost every outside body panel. A nice restoration job !

I do still have some work to do around the strut mounts. These are foam filled boxes, so welding is a nightmare.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Oh ..I thought it was an Ivor Williams :-))

Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

Gentlemen, Not just any Imp its also a Sunbeam Sport,

My First car was a Sunbeam Sport. Went well and handled like a dream - rusted like a b*****d!

Reply to
Nick Highfield