Rotary welding table project

--Put up some more photos; current problem: finding the right kind of spring to retract speed control footpedal.

steamer

Looks good. What type of part, how many are you making, and what welding process do you intend to weld them with using this table?

Just wondering, because if you intend to use MIG, some spatter guards for your beautiful mechanism will be in order to prevent damage to the drive train components. Dave

Reply to
dav1936531

Looks decent.. I would suggest instead of retracting, use a compression spring.

tnik

, Titanium: =A0

Reply to
dcaster

--Thanks for the suggestion! Yah I'm set up for flux core MIG but I planned to switch to gas to minimize mess but yeah some shielding is a good idea. The big hope is to use TIG to do a pile of round pipe adapters for some manifold work.

Reply to
steamer

--Too late! Problem solved by selecting a different anchor point and using a different spring. Got this one out of an old draftsman's lamp, the articulating kind; it's perfect for the task.

Reply to
steamer