Injection molding

--Well I finally finished the die I've been working on sporadically. Trouble was I didn't have my injection molding machine dialled in yet but I reeeally wanted to see if the die produced a decent part. I could have used casting resin but that stuff's pretty brittle. In a moment of inspiration I thot why not use hot glue? I did and it works! Crummy photos here:

--Will try to do better close-ups with more contrasty background later today.

Reply to
steamer

well done!!

Reply to
Shabtai

On 07 Mar 2010 17:42:06 GMT, the infamous steamer scrawled the following:

It casts false teeth for Munchkins, doesn't it?

-- The blind are not good trailblazers.

-- federal judge Frank Easterbrook

Reply to
Larry Jaques

--Close; they're Oompaloompas, heh.

Reply to
steamer

On 08 Mar 2010 03:54:55 GMT, the infamous steamer scrawled the following:

Had to googlem. Now why would you know about Chocolate Factory stuff? Dare I ask, Ed? ;)

---------------------------------------------------------- California's 4 Seasons: Fire, Flood, Drought, & Earthquake --------------------------------------

* NoteSHADE(tm) Laptop Glare Guards

Reply to
Larry Jaques

--Grandkids! :-)

Reply to
steamer

On 08 Mar 2010 20:21:27 GMT, the infamous steamer scrawled the following:

OK. Good save.

YOU might be interested in this little jobber, although you don't et snow in NorCal. Cool, isn't it? My buddy in D.C. just sent this:

ROBOPLOW Ah, too late for the blizzards...

We don't get much snow up here, and I still want one.

-- Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate. -- Chuang-tzu

Reply to
Larry Jaques

That would be way way cool when hooked (brain) to a hay bailer and field plow as well.

Gunner

"I believe that being despised by the despicable is as good as being admired by the admirable."

From long experience myself, I can only say, "You betcha."

Reply to
Gunner Asch

--Aha! Battlebots get practical; me like!

Reply to
steamer

--Latest photos here:

--See bottom 3 photos. Succeeded yesterday for first time making parts out of plastic rather than hot glue. Have a problem with flash but I think I can fix that today. The awful coloring is due to switch from Nylatron to Nylon 6; not sure how many parts I'll have to run B4 they come out lookin' good.

Reply to
steamer

On 09 Mar 2010 18:07:01 GMT, the infamous steamer scrawled the following:

I knew you'd see that subject line and grab it up, Ed. ;)

Now to figure out how to get one to suck up the Autumn leaves and have it dump 'em in my truck...

-- There is no such thing as limits to growth, because there are no limits to the human capacity for intelligence, imagination, and wonder. -- Ronald Reagan

Reply to
Larry Jaques