I've actually been working on models...

...for the last two days. Hope it's a trend.

Reply to
Rufus

Do you realy need to post that?

My wife is Jewish, that's enough guilt and angst for anyone.

The closest that I have come of late is opening and fondeling three diecasts and looking in two of the incomplete projects boxes.

Oh, and finding two vehicle kits that were extras (cleaned out some of the garage) that are definite "to-dos". ESCI Dodge WC-51 to convert to a WC-54 ambulance and an Attack Tatra T-57K. Found a web site with a nice set of color photos of the Tatra.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

baliff, whack his pee pee!

...yeah. Totally out of character for me...considering that they're

1/72 models...

...but one of them is the Bear J from Trumpeter, so...

Reply to
Rufus

that's a big kit. for someone else?

Yeah - for the museum. I'm doing that one and a 1/72 Hasegawa F/A-18F.

They want me to build the Bear gear up - which may actually be harder than it sounds...and the gear are little models in themselves, so it seems a shame to waste them. I took on the project to do an experiment with Testors Metalizer. If it works I'll have a hard time giving the thing up...

Reply to
Rufus

won't it be an excuse to build another? and the gear could be a little dio, on a flatbed truck.

That's what I'm thinking...it IS an impressive model. I'm looking at his one as practice.

Reply to
Rufus

Hmm, I've actually been spending some time downstairs the last two nights. Who knows, another couple of months and maybe something will result from that.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Oh, this is gonna get painfull! I can see doing smaller models in Metalizer but the fragility of that finish and the neccessary handling of the Bear could be problematic. Are you sure you don't want to try Alclad II or SNJ metal? Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

park it next to the vette.

Nope. I stumbled across a trick with Metalizer while I was doing some parts for my Hunter. Been dying to try it on a whole aircraft...the big Bear is a nice open mostly smooth canvas that should suit. I have a

1/48 Thunderbolt that I was going to use, but I'll try this first.

...and it's a bit of a bear to build. I've spent the last two days working sub-assemblies on the flying surfaces and outer nacelles. I'm running out of glue! That usually doesn't happen...I'm making some good progress on it, though.

Reply to
Rufus

...I should buy a Rolls and use it for a hood ornament...

Reply to
Rufus

unless it's at least a silver ghost, the plane would upstage it.

Good thing I'm broke then...

Reply to
Rufus

only if they contra rotate, otherwise it's just poseur art.

Make sure the props rotate. That would be cooler than the tuner wheels some kids have. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Actually, I closed up the outer nacelles yesterday and the propshafts are...er...pretty stiff to say the least...

Also started cleaning up the props...one more bear - 8 props x 4 blades per prop...my needle and flexi-file are getting quite a workout. The flexi-file RULES!

Reply to
Rufus

i have got to get me one of these!

-will smith