MBB Lampyridae one more time

Earlier this month there was an interesting thread about the Lampyridea. It took me some time to locate my research material, hence this delayed contribution.

I too have collected material about this aircraft for years. My interest was awakened last year when I heard that two scale prototypes have turned up, at the Berlin-Gatow Luftwaffe Museum and the F-104 Museum in Niederalteich. I found one rather obscure source of information, that contained two interesting drawings. The source is 'RCS Determination for DLR Stealth Design F7', published in 'Non-Cooperative Air Target Identification Using Radar, Meeting Proceedings', NATO RTO (formerly AGARD I believe). Compared to the Flug Revue and Jane's drawings, it has three extra facets on each side of the rear fuselage:

The paper is listed here on the CV-page of one of the authors:
If you search for 'DLR F7' you will find the following pages:
(nice photo of an RCS model)

(this German-language page refers to the F7 and refined F10 configuration)

(Google found reference to the F7 design in this PDF, which you can only be downloaded by subscribers or by paying for it.) So much for my findings!

Rob My models:

Me 163B site:

Rob de Bie

Thanks for the info on the MBB Lampyridae.

Reply to
m.gary.kroman