Re: Tank camouflage one more time

Dzien Dobry Pan Maciek!

I've sent you some photos of a brush-painted 3 colour Spahpanzer Luchs.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hughes

Yes Maciek; there were a lot that were smeared on with what ever tools the tank crews could find for applying paint. Also mud was an effective camouflage that would have been applied with a person's hand. I also have a picture of a german tank in one of my books where the crew on the eastern front didn't have access to whitewash, so they used chalk to scribble white all over the tank!

With WWII german armor, you pretty much start with the basic colors, then you can be as creative as the crews were.

--- Tontoni

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

Dzien dobry Chris :) I see many polish-speaking people on this newsgroup. I guess that my posting in polish some time ago wasn't that bad idea after all :) (Just kidding - I'm sorry again for this - Of course this was my mistake, I tried to cancel, didn't work)

Great photos, thanks! It means much to me that I don't have to buy an airbrush to paint a nice camouflage. In fact in looks much better to me than airbrushed camouflages - but that's just me.

Thanks again Maciek

Reply to
Maciek