Painting camouflage

Ok the time has come. I will try to paint my first tanks (1/72) in 2-color camouflage. I will try to do this with a brush. I don't like the looks of airbrushed camouflage - I don't like the gradient between colors. Besides, I don't have an airbrush and I wont buy it soon.

Can this be done using a brush? I mean nicely done. I tried to paint nice camouflage shape on a piece of paper with a brush but the results are very ugly. (irregular shapes) How do you paint camouflage shapes?

People often refer to 'masking' - but I imagine cutting a camouflage shape it also a difficult matter. And sticking it to tank surface seems impossible to me.

Please point me to some web resources.

Maciek

Reply to
Maciek