Well, my first injection mold worked out pretty well. It was a crude first mold milled from some left over 5052. It worked. I didn't know how much my media would shrink on cooling and didn't know I needed to have some good sized reservoir until I was almost ready to inject my first piece, but I improvised. Of course I also learned the injector I bought was a toy at best and started making my own injector last night. Its about done. Just waiting on some high heat O-Rings to put it together. I'll post a picture of my fancy "cake decorator" when its assembled, but for now I have a picture of the mold and some of the end product posted here.
13 years ago