Injection molding of plugs

I am looking at manufacturing plugs (standard north american plugs) for cord sets (using PVC, and 2 cavities in the mold), and I am trying to work out the
required shot capacity the injection molding machine should have. If anyone can tell me what amount of liquid polymer is needed to mold this plug, please let me know.
On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 21:21:43 GMT, the renowned ash maher

If you have a sample, you can hack it open, yank out the metal parts and wire and measure the volume. If you have a CAD 3-D model, have the program calculate the volume. If it's a cold runner mold you'll also have the runners, sprues and cold plugs to account for.
Typically people use vertical machines for this kind of application.
Best regards, Spehro Pefhany
PVC is usually handled as powder or blended granules. I've never seen PVC as a "liquid polymer."

cord
the
On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 16:55:47 -0500, the renowned "BFoelsch"

I've certainly seen it. Retract the machine nozzle and flip the purge switch.. preferably with a full face shield and gloves on.
Best regards, Spehro Pefhany
Injection moulding with PVC, that will be a sweet smell if left in the barrel for to long ;-) It will be liquid like after it has melted and if forgotten about it will soon be gas!
Col.

cord
the
On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 18:01:55 -0000, the renowned "Col"

A rather deadly gas. IIRC it has some nasty (explosive) reactions with other plastics if you don't clean the barrel properly with PE or whatever.
Best regards, Spehro Pefhany