Lil Tri Squire & Rudder Bird

A little trivia, looks like E-Bay has been good to Penn Valley Hobby Center. Following nostalgia aircraft went for more than I thought they would:

Sterling RC RUDDER BIRD balsa Model Airplane Kit - $132.75

Midwest RC LIL TRI SQUIRE balsa Airplane Kit - $112.75

I remember those kits from old AHC catalogs back in the late '60s, early '70s. The Tri Squire is a 40" span 1/2-A kit, the Rudder Bird was a semi-Goldberg Falcon resemblance plane of around a 50" span. Both must have been less than $12 back then. (I remember the Scientific C/L 1/2-A kits back in the mid '60s went for a buck (USD) to about double that for their deluxe kits in the Keesler AAFES Hobby Shop.)

Reply to
High Plains Thumper