ATFE Anti-rocketry Video

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 19:46:01 GMT, Alex Mericas
I'm with you Alex. These guys are grasping.

Oh. Well if three friends of Jerry heard it directly from their friends, it must be so.
I think in the court of law that is called "hearsay".
HEARSAY - Secondhand information that a witness only heard about from someone else and did not see or hear himself. Hearsay is not admitted in court because it's not trustworthy, as well as because of various constitutional principles such as the right to confront one's accusers, however, there are so many exceptions that often times hearsay is admitted more than excluded.
This isn't the court of law. In the court of R.M.R. people believe what they want to believe. I believe it's time for a beer!
Jerry Irvine wrote:

--
Alex Mericas

Alex Mericas wrote:

I believe jerry refers to them as, "Me, Myself and I".

Your perfect record of inaccuracy is safe.

I agree.

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 14:33:34 +0000, Alex Mericas wrote:

Then you erred, badly, in stating "There is no video." as if it were an absolute fact.
Kinda funny that you keep repeating this statement sans evidence, and yet clamor for more evidence about the existence of said video.
Saying that you're basing your conviction upon Jerry's previous failures of prediction does not excuse such irrationality :)
I myself find it mildly ironic that my figures about the effects of launching a salvo of twelve J's from within a van came so close to being "tested" by the ATF... although the salvo was supposed to immediately leave the area of the van and _not_ hang around... ;)
--
Chuck Stewart
"Anime-style catgirls: Threat? Menace? Or just studying algebra?"
Chuck Stewart wrote:

--
Alex Mericas

There is no spoon. It is only you that changes.
Alex Mericas wrote:

Chuck Stewart wrote:

Saying I will revoke my earlier statements if proven wrong is hardly clamoring. Why would I WANT to be proven wrong? My friend told me I wasn't.
--
Alex Mericas

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 16:37:58 GMT, Alex Mericas

It is interesting that those who claim there is this video out there of a BATFE faux pas can't seem to provide any type of hard evidence. They are now resorting to hearsay.
For now I am putting these believers down as conspiracy theorists. They might also believe we never landed on the moon. These believers perhaps will cross over to being full-fledged nut cases... ranting on a street corner with foil carefully applied to their heads.

Let's be very clear. It is CLASSIFIED. By the GOVERNMENT. Releasing it is a "high crime".
The only reason you even heard about it at all was it was sooo fu*king funny even people with security clearances could not stand NOT telling the story. It was a laugh fest for people normally surrounded by bad stuff in their daily lives. Give them a break.

Interesting which government laws you choose to support. Do you have proof that this event is CLASSIFIED? You're digging deeper.
Well you have no proof to back up your assertions, Jerry. We can let this die as it's becoming more certain such an event (BATFE van fire) never occurred. With each passing day the non-conspiracy theorists are given further proof.

Just so happens I do :)
http://www.space-rockets.com/arsanews#force

offering FUD on this. He has nothing to offer yet criticizes those who actually do. One wonders if he is engaged in an active disinformation campaign himself, and for whom.
Jerry
Jerry Irvine wrote:

What does that prove? That the ATFE purchased 40 G80 motors, any delay.
My source tells me that the REAL purpose of the tests where to show that APCP motors could explode. They INTENDED to destroy the van but it burned instead of exploding. This is to counter the expected re-instroduction of legislation in the new session of Congress.
Don't bother asking. It's classified, I can't tell. If I told you more it would compromise my source.
--
Alex Mericas

Maybe if Aerotech went back to supplying Copperhead igniters with their motors, we could argue that there's no chance of the motors going off :-)

Nice try Jerry. Nothing in that link suggests that the torched van incident is classified.
You're still unable to prove a thing.

"The incident involving the van full of rocket motors that burned to the ground during a test firing of a model rocket at a plane is classified and we can neither confirm nor deny the incident. Damn." -- D. Rumsfeld

Where is this exactly? I can't find it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^ > ^ > ^ > Where is this exactly? I can't find it. ^ > ^ |-----right there!