ATFE Anti-rocketry Video

Correct. Speeding, running a red light, etc are currently permitted for emergency vehicles in the process of saving life or property. This is not just government, as a private ambulance, or volunteer fire dept are so permitted. I have turned in cops for breaking traffic laws when not running with their lights on. These have resulted in at least 2 suspensions.

Nope. Unless it's self defense. Same standard they'd hold me to.

Again, if I can't carry one...

Not if I can't do it too!

My point exactly. If it's OK for the government to do it, then it's OK for you and me to do it.

Bob Kaplow

Probably...except for our own P'rfesser in rocketry, Terry McCreary. He actually writes chemistry textbooks, propellant books, etc., and doesn't even make his graduate students do the work. I ocassionally get to put out grass fires after his motor tests too. ;)

tim

Reply to
Tim

Are you telling me Reno911 isn't real?

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Alex Mericas wrote in news:21gIb.15424$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.texas.rr.com:

There are four hypotheses, all possible given modern special effects technology:

1) event did not occur, no video exists 2) event did not occur, (bogus) video exists 3) event did occur, no video exists 4) event did occur, (bogus or accurate) video exists.

It's 2004. Cameras lie routinely.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

Nozzlehead wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I can't. They're always hiding behind the pink elephants.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

Reply to
Alex Mericas

yes, but it is hard to get multiple eyewitnesses to testify.

first we'd need the video, then we'd need signed affidavits from witnesses. bet that if #4(b) exists, that there will need to be sworn evidence if hold up against court.

kinda hopeless though, we all know that a video proving their point would be false. the suppliers of the materials could (should) sue for damages when they cannot reproduce results.

Reply to
tater schuld

Alex Mericas wrote in news:_UmKb.12643$4z.7854 @fe2.texas.rr.com:

I said four hypotheses, not four null hypotheses. You might want to do a search on "read what's written".

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

One way or the other, looking at all these brands that once existed, it seems that there was a great "extinction event" over the years between then and now.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

this would be a good book if someone would write it!

I would definitely buy a few copies

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

There was no sudden extinction. Motor makers come and go. Many of the manufacturers Jerry listed were out of business long before TRA began doing motor certs. Some had certified motors but failed as a business for one reason or another. High power is a very small, niche market and a lot of manufacturers and wannabes were severely underfunded.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Bullshit. There were two tiers even before TRA shenanigans became public.

This whole discussion in public is fully ALIEN to TRA culture.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine