ATFE Anti-rocketry Video

There are two types of federal properties, those owned outright and those that are leased. The second type are often referred to as federal reserves. On the reserves, the states maintain jurisdiction unless surrendered as part of the lease agreement. On federally owned land, the feds have exclusive rights but may allow the state to takes some actions. If you want to subpoena (sp?) someone on federal land, it must be served by a federal marshall. I spend a short period as the first sergeant in the Air Force and learned about this first hand.

Hill AFB is federally owned as far as I remember. The state regulations have no bearing on activities inside the fence. There are also special rules for federal agents working on federal projects that immunizes them from state regulations. This varies from department to department based on the laws and regulations for each.

Reply to
Rocky Firth

Based on this Lucerne BLM land may be EXEMPT from onerous CA state laws!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

This could be true. However, BLM has a habit of letting the locals take care of things. They just call the local sheriff and press a trespassing charge. They also tend to follow the local hunting and fishing regulations, by choice. Check first, after all it is a part of the government that spawned the ATF.

Rocky Firth

Reply to
Rocky Firth

Not with a BLM issued permit! Like the one LDRS did NOT get and the ultra-pissed BLM cheif forced them to get WITH vendor fines, which of course TRA passed on to the vendors, who are the only ones who actually tried to follow rules as presented!!

CSFM regs are the ones at issue.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I would advise caution. Do a google search on "Playalinda" beach (on the Kennedy Space Center Property) and the Local Sheriff's office concerning nude sunbathing. I believe that the courts ruled that the Sheriff could arrest people on federal land for violating state nudity laws. However, because there are no federal nudity laws, the rangers look the other way.

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

This smacks of confiscation of property without just compensation. First they get executive, judicial and legislative powers (violating separation of powers under the sham of judicial review - after you throw your money down the administrative law toilet), then they ignore the rest of the parchment.

This resulted in a letter from the ATFE to the president of

Reply to
Larry Curcio

Gary should have restickered (with the stickers that leave the residue on the inside of the MMT and glues the spent motor in) some G35s as G80s........ :-) ......the group he was selling them to should definitely not play with matches

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Looked the other way? It must have been another one of those 'in the buff' groups composed entirely of people who should, to prevent mental scarring of others, absolutely keep their clothes on..... :-)

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Does Gary have a 'seconds' pile he could give special government pricing to? They get them cheaper but it might cost them a van. :-)

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

I designate you AeroTech military systems customer service representative.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

If you saw who mostly attends nude beaches you would realize why Kosdon gets so many tickets :)

Merry Christmas Frank.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Rocky Firth wrote in news:e77Gb.186139$_M.849190@attbi_s54:

I believe that this is true, except that the federal government may grant whatever jurisdiction they want to local government/law enforcement.

If the fed, for instance, doesn't want to provide police on a piece of federal land, they can simply grant law enforcement jurisdiction to the local police force, who then have the power to patrol and enforce on the federal land.

Reply to
David W.

baDBob wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think you mean, "chose not to make arrests." :-)

Reply to
David W.

You can't Jerry. You have no power... remember?

skooter

Reply to
SmokestackThunder

I designate you irrelevent to the extreme.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You can't Jerry. You have no power... remember?

skooter

Reply to
SmokestackThunder

I control all of your rmr posts, so I have detectible power :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

This the case on most federal property. Much cheaper, no cops, no law suits. They usually step in if there are headlines worth chasing. :)

Rocky Firth

Reply to
Rocky Firth

He should have thrown in a few motors with propellant grains made from delay train formula. They would just sit there and smoke up the van. Also make up a special batch with lots of air bubbles in the APCP grains. (if he doesn't have a seconds pile) ;)

Reply to
Tim

Maybe the J350 that had a cato in the van was from the spongy Ellis batch.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker