ATFE Anti-rocketry Video

And Kosdon never had/has single use motors.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Maybe if you'd spent all that time meeting the cert requirements like other manufacturers have done, you'd actually have certified motors by now.

Reply to
RayDunakin

while it is accurate that use of the 129G79SS requires no user certification, I do not believe it is in the 62.5 g and under class. The only Pro38 motor in that class AFAIK is the 133G69.

Anthony can confirm this if he notices the thread

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Brain fart by me, :-[ you are corrct the SS ssmokey ssam iss over the

62.5.....only missed it by 10 :-) Thanks for calling me on it......don't want to be a purveyor of bad numbers
Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Probably paid cash.

BTSOOM. Clearly the guy wasn't a rocket scientist.

Tech Inspection? At Danville? They were more concerned that you filled in every inane box on the flight card than they were worried about the rocket.

Bob Kaplow

LOC made AT clone casings that were eventually AT approved for use with AT reloads. 29-54mm IIRC.

Bob Kaplow

They also "made" SU F'sand G's for a while in cooperation with a guy who got them certified under his own company name.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yeah, but Jerry claims they made single-use motors.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Easy, he could have certified on single-use motors.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Your killing me Bob, thanks !

/ArtU

cigars, cigaretes? They always were cute looking in the B&W movies now weren't they ?

ArtU

I've seen four do that this year, and once at Naram to boot to make it funny.

the first one I saw this year was done by someone who flew many of them, and we still do not know why. not only that, but he is a very experianced Hybrid flyer.

Later in the upcomming year, you might see a video produced of a launch that has that road flare in it !

/ArtU

Reply to
ArtU

Maybe it was in the days before certs and certs. I do not know.

BUT , I saw and have recorded many "L" flights before TMT even existed. Bob says danville, danvilles best days were before the certs and certs.

then suburban sprawl made the original danville not flyable anymore.

/ArtU

Reply to
ArtU

Bob, I do have to take notice on that.

At Naram, it's the same, OK ? let me recall, three fins , a nose cone and a shock cord was the standard HPR check, and MR check last we recalled.

at many NAR launches I have had that same experiance and worse.

at one Non-Naram NAR launch I presented a hybrid. the saftey check person said, "ohh, you must know more about this then I do, it looks ok. you really want me to wieght it ?"

so please Bob, don't keep damning danville dares. they were fun, dispite the modelnet'ers saying they needed bunkers.

on a better note !

at Naram-45 I presented a Hybrid, the saftey check person said what the heck Art ? Your' doing a Hybrid and a video system in one launch ?

your really are pushing it Art, all that at one time !

He is a great guy and checked every thing. He knows who he is , he he....

/ArtU

ArtU

It's certainly possible, but I don't remember them.

Bob Kaplow

Flyer certification was present as long as I've been around HPR, starting in

1989. Motor certs didn't come until later.

The 1989-199? Danville site was never compliant with NFPA 1127/ Too close to the motel, too close to the interstate, and too close to the prison. MANY a rocket overflew the interstate. After chasing ne of mine across both the road and the state line, on the way back I found someone elses rocket in the median between the lanes. Remember you don't have to actually prang into a car. Just startling a driver doing 65 mph with a L1 rocket on a chute can cause a chain reaction accident on the interstate.

And at least one rocket crashed into the motel next door. Just as someone was coming out that door.

Bob Kaplow

that was after suburban sprawl in 1991, that motel was just built that year or the year befor that happened. it did not exist at the first danville I went to.

in 1980's their was no nfpa 1127 bob, and flying HPR was called consumer confirmation and just ment you flew an H motor.

ArtU

Floor. Shooting for basement.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jim Yanik wrote in news:Xns9457D40136B0Bjyanikkuanet@204.117.192.21:

Don't the ATF guys have to be certified to buy these motors? Or does the gummint get an "exemption"?

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

Do you think they had a LEUP and a Type 4 magazine?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Alan Jones wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

But other members of NAR S&T are. They're the ones that "receive and store". Also, NAR certification is necessary to purchase the motor and fly it in an HPR model. I don't think static testing qualifies as flying, as there are no aerodynamic forces involved and no need for successful recovery system deployment.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens