ATFE Anti-rocketry Video

I posted that TRA decertified qualified SU vendors.
Troll boy tried to make it about me. Nope.
Decertified from one list:
www.v-serv.com/usr/NAR-TRA-83.htm
ACE ACE Aeronautics [SU maker TRA decertified] AP Apogee AT Aerotech C75 Centuri Engineering, Inc. CEN Centuri Engineering Company, 1975 or later CS Composite Systems [SU maker TRA decertified] ES Estes Industries, Inc F87 Flight Systems, Inc, Before February, 1987 FSI Flight Systems, Inc. ID Impulse Dynamics [SU maker TRA decertified] ISP Aerotech/Industrial Solid Propellant LOC LOC/Precision [SU maker TRA decertified] MRC Model Rectifier Corporation NCR North Coast Rocketry PD Prodyne PI Propulsion Industries [SU maker TRA decertified] PJ Plasmajet [SU maker TRA decertified] QU Quest RF Rocketflite [SU maker TRA decertified] SJ Synerjet [SU maker TRA decertified] SMC Solid Motor Company [SU maker TRA decertified] SMI Space Models International TRM Kosdon Truly Recyclable Motors USR U.S. Rockets [SU maker TRA decertified] V Vulcan Systems [SU maker TRA decertified] W Wood [SU maker TRA decertified]
That's 12.
Jerry
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Kinda padding that list, aren't you jerry?

You can't accurately say they expired because they were improperly renewed well beyond any policy timeframe then arbitrarily decertified. They were decertified.
Jerry
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Look closer! Dufus.
Jerry wrote: << LOC LOC/Precision [SU maker TRA decertified] >>
When did LOC/Precision ever make motors?? What motors did they make, and when?
As for the rest, most of them simply expired -- or went out of business, like Rocketflite and Syner-jet.
RayDunakin wrote:

And Kosdon never had/has single use motors.
(RayDunakin) writes:

LOC made AT clone casings that were eventually AT approved for use with AT reloads. 29-54mm IIRC.

They also "made" SU F'sand G's for a while in cooperation with a guy who got them certified under his own company name.
Jerry
Bob K. wrote: << LOC made AT clone casings that were eventually AT approved for use with AT reloads. 29-54mm IIRC.>>
Yeah, but Jerry claims they made single-use motors.
(RayDunakin) writes:

It's certainly possible, but I don't remember them.
Dave Grayvis wrote:

This is actually getting a bit tiresome. I keep waiting for you to throw in some actual content instead of continuous trolling.
If you believe that Jerry is padding the list, then state which vendors and why you consider them 'padded'. If not, you continue to cause those of us who are trying to look at the situation objectively to lower the value of your input (it's already almost at the floor).
David Erbas-White
David Erbas-White wrote:

Very few of those companies made any certified su J350s, And that was the focus of jerry,s post.
Dave Grayvis wrote:

You have a very warped perspective, IMHO. Here is Jerry's quote in full:

Jerry did not claim that his list was of SU vendors who made J350s, he stated that those were SU vendors who had been decertified.
From that, my interpretation (and I believe I have a fairly high level of common sense) is that there are far fewer SU vendors on the market because TRA has decertified many of them, and that IF THOSE VENDORS WERE STILL AROUND, there would be more manufacturers of SU J350 motors. It never entered my mind that every vendor who has been decertified would have made J350's, but it seems clear to me that lowering the number of vendors who manufacture safe motors does NOT help the hobby! Conversely, if those vendors had not been decertified, and if the J350 were a popular motor, I would have expected that some of those vendors might have also added the J350 to their lineup.
As my last word on this subject, it also follows that with fewer vendors available, that the resource of the remaining vendors must be spread further apart. Making up an example, if Snerdly Motors made a great K motor, and Snidely Motors couldn't compete well with it (for whatever reason), then they may well make more J350 motors because they're good at it. However, if Snerdly motors is decertified, then Snidely Motors may decide that with that 'hole' in the market, they'll make some K motors after all, and remove the resources from making their J350 motors.
David Erbas-White

Floor. Shooting for basement.
On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 15:25:05 -0800, David Erbas-White

Hence, the reason that I KF him/her/it/whatever.
Bob

I guess SU maker 'Composite Dynamics' got overlooked here. I still have some of those from around '79. I like 'em well-aged. "I'll fire no motor before its time."
Fred B wrote:

One way or the other, looking at all these brands that once existed, it seems that there was a great "extinction event" over the years between then and now.
-dave w
David Weinshenker wrote:

this would be a good book if someone would write it!
I would definitely buy a few copies
- iz
David Weinshenker wrote:

There was no sudden extinction. Motor makers come and go. Many of the manufacturers Jerry listed were out of business long before TRA began doing motor certs. Some had certified motors but failed as a business for one reason or another. High power is a very small, niche market and a lot of manufacturers and wannabes were severely underfunded.

Bullshit. There were two tiers even before TRA shenanigans became public.
This whole discussion in public is fully ALIEN to TRA culture.
Jerry