ATFE Anti-rocketry Video

TRA. Don't ask don't tell. Ban Jerry :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jerry, I have been here for more than ten years. I am not leaving.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Which number is that on the list of responses?

(I still think "Dave Grayvis" is an _inverse_ "Eliza"-bot - instead of emulating a "therapist" trying to get people to relax and tell their stories, this one seems to be set up to start fights, and to create confusion by tossing out jabs and dropping juicy-seeming hints...)

Do they have a section on the report cards where they can mark "fails to pass as a human on the internet"?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

I posted that TRA decertified qualified SU vendors.

Troll boy tried to make it about me. Nope.

Decertified from one list:

ACE ACE Aeronautics [SU maker TRA decertified] AP Apogee AT Aerotech C75 Centuri Engineering, Inc. CEN Centuri Engineering Company, 1975 or later CS Composite Systems [SU maker TRA decertified] ES Estes Industries, Inc F87 Flight Systems, Inc, Before February, 1987 FSI Flight Systems, Inc. ID Impulse Dynamics [SU maker TRA decertified] ISP Aerotech/Industrial Solid Propellant LOC LOC/Precision [SU maker TRA decertified] MRC Model Rectifier Corporation NCR North Coast Rocketry PD Prodyne PI Propulsion Industries [SU maker TRA decertified] PJ Plasmajet [SU maker TRA decertified] QU Quest RF Rocketflite [SU maker TRA decertified] SJ Synerjet [SU maker TRA decertified] SMC Solid Motor Company [SU maker TRA decertified] SMI Space Models International TRM Kosdon Truly Recyclable Motors USR U.S. Rockets [SU maker TRA decertified] V Vulcan Systems [SU maker TRA decertified] W Wood [SU maker TRA decertified]

That's 12.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Who are you?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Kinda padding that list, aren't you jerry?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

You can't accurately say they expired because they were improperly renewed well beyond any policy timeframe then arbitrarily decertified. They were decertified.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Look closer! Dufus.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Hopefully Gary used the "spongebob" grains left over from Ellis production.

Mike Fisher

Reply to
Mfreptiles

This is actually getting a bit tiresome. I keep waiting for you to throw in some actual content instead of continuous trolling.

If you believe that Jerry is padding the list, then state which vendors and why you consider them 'padded'. If not, you continue to cause those of us who are trying to look at the situation objectively to lower the value of your input (it's already almost at the floor).

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Very few of those companies made any certified su J350s, And that was the focus of jerry,s post.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Pro 38 single grains are G79s........in the 62.5 grams and under category........no CERTIFICATION necessary no matter who you talk to.

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Hence, the reason that I KF him/her/it/whatever.

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

You have a very warped perspective, IMHO. Here is Jerry's quote in full:

Jerry did not claim that his list was of SU vendors who made J350s, he stated that those were SU vendors who had been decertified.

From that, my interpretation (and I believe I have a fairly high level of common sense) is that there are far fewer SU vendors on the market because TRA has decertified many of them, and that IF THOSE VENDORS WERE STILL AROUND, there would be more manufacturers of SU J350 motors. It never entered my mind that every vendor who has been decertified would have made J350's, but it seems clear to me that lowering the number of vendors who manufacture safe motors does NOT help the hobby! Conversely, if those vendors had not been decertified, and if the J350 were a popular motor, I would have expected that some of those vendors might have also added the J350 to their lineup.

As my last word on this subject, it also follows that with fewer vendors available, that the resource of the remaining vendors must be spread further apart. Making up an example, if Snerdly Motors made a great K motor, and Snidely Motors couldn't compete well with it (for whatever reason), then they may well make more J350 motors because they're good at it. However, if Snerdly motors is decertified, then Snidely Motors may decide that with that 'hole' in the market, they'll make some K motors after all, and remove the resources from making their J350 motors.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Wasn't this mentioned here before, after it occured? Sounds like one of those stupid things to put on the checklist for next time. I'm sure every one who has been in this hobby long enough has done something stupid. Like foregtting an ejection charge, or forgetting to arm their electronics (did that one last summer, fortunately it was the Pencam so all it meant is no pictures from a really nice flight), using the wrong motor in a rocket, forgetting the chute/wadding, or whatever.

The key is NOT repeating the mistake!

Bob Kaplow

Marshall Jim Duncan? ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Hehehe.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I guess SU maker 'Composite Dynamics' got overlooked here. I still have some of those from around '79. I like 'em well-aged. "I'll fire no motor before its time."

Reply to
Fred B

Great, yet another thread hijacked by Jerry.

Reply to
RayDunakin

When did LOC/Precision ever make motors?? What motors did they make, and when?

As for the rest, most of them simply expired -- or went out of business, like Rocketflite and Syner-jet.

Reply to
RayDunakin