ATFE Anti-rocketry Video

Oh come on! I'm having the biggest laugh of the year (2003) over this. Imagine, Mr. Jerry Irvine FAXing a usenet post (not emailing, but faxing) to the Commander. Now THAT's funny. When they make a movie about this, Jim Carrey will play Jerry. Peter Sellers would be better, but he's still dead. Russel Crow or George Clooney could play me. Harrison Ford would really be better, but he's a bit too old. Oh man, my side hurts I'm laughing so hard.

If anyone in the Government really wanted to have a laugh over something I've said or done in public, they wouldn't need Jerry's help. :-p

Reply to
Alex Mericas

Huh?

Hill AFB. They actually have humor.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Nozzlehead wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^ > ^ > ^ > Where is this exactly? I can't find it. ^ > ^ |-----right there!

Reply to
David W.

Ya mean in the sewers?

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

No government employee or agency should ever be exempt from any law that the rest of us are required to follow. The government is not a priveleged class in this country. Well, it's not supposed to be.

Bob Kaplow

We've got several in downtown Chicago.

Oh, you mean LIVE ones...

Bob Kaplow

The video equipment was in the van :-)

Bob Kaplow

I expect over 90% of things classified are classified because they show either embarassing, stupidity, or wrongdoing by the government. The other possibly 10% is classified for true national security reasons.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Binford

Yep. I have witnessed some of it!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

And for job security. Their superiors see all that classified stuff so they think their people are doing important stuff.

Reply to
Tim

so no speeding? no beating of violent criminals? no guns? no jaywalking?

(note: I am talking myself into a corner, in same circumstances I would be violating same laws as above)

Reply to
tater schuld

nah, dat's were dem turtles live!

Reply to
tater schuld

Now that's funny! This is better than Sunday night boxing on Fox Sports...

Laughter has paved my road to recovery, Patrick

Reply to
IceAge

yeees, but what about the off-site, err off-van feed link ?

ArtU

"ArtU" wrote in news:SJWdnfzZOaY8xm-iRVn-jQ@buckeye- express.com:

They couldn't extort the equipment from a vendor?

Reply to
David W.

Tim wrote in news:5YrIb.52233$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews3.bellsouth.net:

It's more likely that the superiors *require* all that stuff to be classified so that the superiors look like they're doing their job, and so they can justify bigger bugets and more headcount.

Reply to
David W.

"tater schuld" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

writes:

Hi, Guys

I learned in school, back when they taught such things in school, that this is a nation of law, not of men. Under a nation of law, laws based on the Constitution, everyone is subject to the same law. Race, gender, age, religion, politcial party, position, wealth, should not enter into the picture. The only question shoud be, did this person commit x crime or not? The way it actually works is that all of these things, and more, are used to sidestep and avoid being accountable for ones actions. I don't for a minute actually think the ideal was ever the way it really was, but most people understood it and tried. One problem is that today, most people only think of "what can I get away with?", or "who cares? It dosen't matter anyway". I was once involved with a state law enforcement agency. The general attitude is the classic "theres them, and theres us. We're the good guys, and everyone else is against us. Therefore, anything we do is good, and anything they do is bad." And some of these folks are really scary with their attitudes. Ever hear of "professional coursty (sp)"? It's PC for, "I'll wink at your drunken driving if you will wink at mine". But yes, I believe that everyone should be subject to the same law. When Bush flew to Iraq, Air Force One was ID'ed as a GulfStream V on the international flight plan, abd the beacon transmitter. When a doper does that, they are tracked and shot down, no questions asked. Bush, as CIC, breaks an international law, and no big deal. It's ok, it's national security. I don't break any laws, but because I like to fly rockets, I'm a suspect. I carried a weapon in the service for 20 years, handled real explosives and chemical weapons, had a secret clearence, entrusted with millions of dollars worth of electronic equipment, and have to have a background check to visit a family member in prison, buy a gun, or fly a big model rocket, using an non-explosive propellent. And if I make my own motors, I run the risk of being accused of making pipe bombs.

Uh-oh. I've done it now.

I'd better the Rant mode off and get to work. Anyway, yes, I do believe in the rule of law for all, not just for those of us who cannot buy our way out.

Happy New Year to All.

Ed M.

Reply to
Ed

That's what I meant. The superiors report to someone, so they have to do that stuff to make their jobs look important!

Reply to
Tim

I guess "classified" projects must be the same sort of "brownie points" for JBGT's that "journal publications" are for science professors...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Yet another thing that "needs fixing"...

Bob Kaplow