Estes D and E motors best prices

Switching to Estes motors for the next round of rockets. Where are the best deals, and how much are they for a pack of D and E motors? Thanks!

-B

Reply to
Beanboy

Hobbylinc has fairly decent motor pricing.

IIRC, about $8.50 for D's and $11.50 for E's.

Wherever you buy, watch the shipping costs on motors. They can be high.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Decker

Do you have a local mom & pop hobby store? If not, Hobby Lobby is about as good as D's $$ get.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

At the risk of sounding like a broken record (or a shill for Great Lakes), D engines are $7.99 & Estes E engines are $10.99 & shipping is fast, no HAZMAT fees, & only $7.00 at Great Lakes Hobbies:

-- Richard "broken record, but not a shill" Hickok

Reply to
Rhhickok

has D engines for $7.37 and E engines for $10.72, and no shipping on orders over $75 (which is only 20-30 engines worth.) The one time I ordered from them they were shipped quickly. They have C6-5 bulk packs < $40, 3 packs for $5.02.

Sam Midkiff

A better email address than the one given in the message header is: s m i d k i f f aaaat p u r d u e dottttt e d u

Reply to
Sam Midkiff

Has any one found D11-P or E9-P yet? Happy Meal needs more motors!

Bob Kaplow

No D11-P's or E9-P's in any area stores, but Hobbylinc has E9-P's in stock.

John

Reply to
John Stein

Tons on the shelf at Hobby People (many locations). No mail order.

Why not call Estes and ask them who they sell them to?

You will probably need to find a 'real' hobby shop or online retailer and NOT a "craft store". Hobby shops would carry the R/C Glider that uses the plugged motors.

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

Reply to
Fred Shecter

HobbyTown USA in Indianapolis has a bunch of E9-P motors.

Mario Perdue NAR #22012 Sr. L2 for email drop the planet

"X-ray-Delta-One, this is Mission Control, two-one-five-six, transmission concluded."

Reply to
Mario Perdue

acsupplyco may have them. They have prices listed. On their availability list, the don't say anything about them, but most engines are mentioned. And their availability list has both available, and non-available items, appropriately labeled.

Sam Midkiff

A better email address than the one given in the message header is: s m i d k i f f aaaat p u r d u e dottttt e d u

Reply to
Sam Midkiff

Last time I ordered E motors I was told they were to big for USPS and had to go Fed EX with Hazmat. I only ordered two packs last time I made that mistake!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
MIKE

On 13 Jan 2004, you wrote in rec.models.rockets:

Goto

They have D motor 3paks for $6.85 They also have E motors but you need to get a quote. However, they ARE cheap prices on the E motors, I just forget what it was. Shipping is a flat $6.50.

-Jim

Reply to
Y0da Jedi Master

Though I'm not aware whether they've changed their ways, Discount Hobby Center, in New York, had gotten many complaints here on RMR for being extremely slow with shipping, being difficult to contact, & having seemingly contrived stories about the reasons for delays if you ever could contact them. Having experienced this myself & getting "dicked around" with bizarre explanations, is the reason I don't do business with them anymore. Does anyone know if they've improved lately? That's one reason I stress fast shipping (in addition to great prices) when I recommend Great Lakes Hobbies to people. -- Richard "don't confuse 'em with Discount Rocketry, in California, which is a very reputable outfit" Hickok

Reply to
Rhhickok

I guess that's a good deal, if you have to do mail order but most local hobby shops sell the same pack for $9.99 without the shipping. Look for a local shop or wait until you travel to someplace that has one.

Randy

Reply to
Randy