BATFE, ARA myths and stuff

you know, we all have been asking about the video of the burning van, but I think i can come up with something that can disprove it (possibly, we got supposed witnesses)

where was the plane? we seem to have great detail on what type of vehicle was burned, what motor was used, but nothing about the aircraft that was supoposedly going to get shot down.

can someone enlighten me on this?

Reply to
Tater Schuld

The problem with the reports which are real is that they only convey an amusing event and not the actual scope of the tests or the regulatory goals. But let me assure you there is a move afoot to kill "free" rocketry "officially".

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I believe they were RPV's

but don't quote me on that ;)

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

you know..... I'm beginning to think this is all some bs national security disinformation cover story...... perhaps they took the rocketr motors to actually run explosives tests on? I mean would you want it to be know that you have never conducted any tests?

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

"shockwaveriderz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Everybody already knows that. "We don't need no steenking tests!"

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

I think the difference is intent. Disinformation is wrong information with the intent to deceive.

BTW, I think your right on target. I think the fire was a surprise, it was supposed to explode. I think they picked the J350 because they did web searches and found lots of reports of CATOs (but they didn't complete the research regarding the spongy grains). When THAT didn't work, guess which motor they found next in the "most likely to CATO list"? I wonder how many D12's they bought?

My > you know.....

Reply to
Alex Mericas

  1. Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L TRA # "Impeach the TRA BoD" >>> To reply, remove the TRABoD!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Actually, it's only 2.

M=2, D=4.

Reply to
BB

actually I found your observation insightful, Alex

which to some people means the kiss of death ;)

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

this sounds more likely. they stuck the material on the explosives list and didn'y bother. plus the guy getting an excuse to load up on (free) rocket stuff.

how much was supposedly in the truck when on fire? I wonder if a full set could have "disapeared" into some BARs trunk......

Reply to
tater schuld

Where do you get M=2? M=13.

Bob Kaplow