Rumors about bp engine prices

anyone heard any? someone said something about the price sykrocketing due to increased prices on BP
I guess Jerry told us so.......

--
Tater
President of MARS Club (NAR #660)

My local shooting supply house has not said anything about skyrocketing prices on Black power. I just called them on the phone just now to double check. Even asked them if they heard prices are going up.
They said , no, the price is $12 a pound.
Are you talking to someone who wants to sell pyrodex instead ?
/ArtU
I will gladly pay you tuesday for a motor on the flying field today.

BP has three general prices. Mill, wholesaler, and retail. Retail will be the very last to see an increase since the channel is long and the packaging is a significant portion of the cost.
Estes on the other hand buys BP direct and custom from the mill and even a relatively minor price change will translate instantly and is a significant fraction of their business model.
Jerry

No I have not heard credible rumours about BP price increases.

The local people here have not heard a thing and know of no reason why there would be a spike. Where did you hear the rumor?
Randy
Randy wrote:

Even if BP did, say, double in price - how much BP is in a typical Estes motor? 10 cents worth? The raw materials are not the major item driving the cost of a A8-4, so if there is an increase blaming that increase on the price of BP - real or imagined - would be disingenuous.
A8-4???
Estes makes A8-3 and A8-5 and Quest makes A6-4 in 18mm. I think the latest 2004 price list for Quest showed prices raised to the 2003 Estes level. Estes 2004 will soon be apparent. They show up early in the month of January.
I'll have Quest catalogs at the AMA Convention 2004 at the Ontario CA Convention Center on January 9, 10, 11 along with free Make-It & Take-It Quest Starhawk Kits.
The word is that real MicroMaxx models will return in the near future. NOT the plastic bricks from ToyBiz. Motors are still available through your retailer or buy direct from Quest.
--
-Fred Shecter
Auctions:
Fred Shecter wrote:

Typo, should have been C6-7.
Hi Fred,
How about some D and E motors from Quest? Any hope for them to come in 2004? :-) Is there someone here that knows...for sure? :-) Regards Robert http://home.online.no/~gibala/rockets/index-e.htm
Fred Shecter wrote:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&include=0&userid=shreadvector

Bill @ Quest Barry @ LOC
writes:

Quest had a prototype D12 at one of the hobby shows several years ago. They were ready to produce them when something happened in the factory (not positive, but flood damaged the casing supply). Seems this never got back on track. Last time I asked about this, the plan was to produce something new to the market rather than a "me too" product. Kind of like what they've already done with the Micro Maxx.
We don't need another D12-5 or C6-3. A B14 would be nice! So would some 10mm motors, perhaps in 1/4A-B range. Or a 24mm D48.

Sounds more like an excuse than a road block.

Jerry
The reason I ask for Quest D and E motors, is that the importer in my country has stopped importing Estes motors and rockets. In favor for Quest. And the stock of D motors. Actually only D12-5. (About 100 3-packs in total are left.) When they are gone, thats it...for Estes motors. That's why I hope that Quest can come out with some D and E motors as well. :-) So we can keep on flying those D and E rockets we have.
Regards Robert
Jerry Irvine wrote:

What country?
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Probably Norway, from the ".no" internet address...
-dave w

Hmmm.
1. I am not up on the internet subscripts.
2. It would appear he has access to USR right now through our European dealer network if Norway is a non-CE marking country.
Mere Jerry

Unlucky, I think. Although Norway is not in the EU there are many cooperation agreements via EEA, CE marking being one of them. But, it appears not to apply to all products as yet, so you might be in luck.
writes:

Any chance of importing them from another counrty within the EU? I know Estes does distribute in Europe...
Hi,
Yes I can importet them...sort off. But this will require a lot of paperwork. I will have to do the same paperwork, have the storage facility's and inspection routines as an importer/seller firm etc. And I will of course have to pay for all this. ;-) But yes, one can I suppose just take a chance and just buy them from another country - and hope that the package will come through without trouble... :-/ This is a bit to much trouble for my tast. So that's why I hope that Quest would make some D and E's. Then I could just walk to the store and buy them. :-)