(FS) 10 TLP Kits on ROL

I've decided to clean out my rocket closet, so I'm starting by selling all 10 of my unbuilt TLP kits on ROL as a lot. Amazingly, it hit my rserve in ~2 hours.

'll be clearing out some more stuff in the next week or so as well. I've just been accumulating way faster than I can build or even have the desire to build. With LDRS in NY this July, big hybrid projects are getting top priority. After that, it's race car.

BTW, if you're reading this Kevin T., I'm using your invincible box for shipping. :-)

Reply to
Mark Simpson

I'll be clearing out some more stuff in the next week or so as well.

Would the NHRA allow/notice/have rules pertaining to a little rocket assist in the trunk? :-)

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Chuck, No rocket assist allowed unless you're running a purely rocket-powered car. ;-) BTW, there was a frenzy of activity on my auction, it's over $250 now. 8-)

Chuck Rudy wrote:

Mark Simpson

So a rocket-powered car _is_ allowed as long as that is the only propulsion it uses?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Years ago I recall seeing the rocket powered 1/4 miler called the Vanishing Point.......IIRC it was hydrogen peroxide powered, can't remember the name of the guy who drove it but the man was nutz. I wish I could recall his ET, but I'm almost positive it was in the 4's back in the 70's......he was at top speed within 80 feet and stopped almost as fast with the huge chutes.......two runs a night, what a way to make a living.

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

That list looks so... familiar! 8-}

Does that mean I get a cut of the proceeds? 8-}

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Slammin' Sammy Miller. You must be down south. He drove primarily in Florida from what I remembered. His Vanishing Point was the first and only car to run in the 3's. They banned rocket cars at NHRA events back in the late 70's, IIRC, so he raced in Europe after that. He may still be racing for all I know.

Mark Simps> David We>

Reply to
Mark Simpson

Sure, Kevin. I'll let you build my next altimeter, too. ;-)

Mark Simps> Mark Simps>

Mark Simpson

Nah, it was PA!! Tastykake country!! York US 30 drag strip........I'm guessing it was an outlaw show, err independant show......best part of the show wa the short break in the action for planes dropping out of the sky and into their garages. I'm guessing this was 1978. Maybe time for a Slammin' Sammy search. :-)

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Chuck Rudy

Regrettably, Sammy Miller was killed in an oilfield explosion sometime last year. He was still racing in Europe but his 'day job' was running an enhanced-recovery oil business involving steam injection...and it blew up on him.

Here's an obituary:

Mark Johnson

Reply to
Chuck Rudy