ATFE Anti-rocketry Video

this should read

"After reviewing these I can see no reason why they would both be acceptable in non-NFPA adoptive states"

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

this should read

"After reviewing these I can see no reason why they would not be acceptable in non-NFPA adoptive states"

sleep deprivation, a legal high ;)

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

because you get a break on the HPR subscription?

- iz

NaCl wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

  1. I know
  2. I agree
  3. You can see how that might be a morass and a problem for a national product brand, especially with militant associations targeting them for constant anal probes. The opportunities for anal probes in that confusing morass are endless.

Restraint of Trade (unreasonably withholding certs despite HAVING the

1125 required documents and nothing more.)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

So you can enjoy the benefits of knowing you are contributing to the "demise of Jerry"?

So you can support associations who invite ATF to the party, ask it to leave and STILL illegally demand ATF permits from members, vendors, and manufacturers.

So you can support clubs that sit on NFPA committees and make up a bunch of rules that have the actual effect of reducing membership, increase criminalization of rocketry DRAMATICALLY (a very strong feature in the context of this discussion), and give states excuses to look for minor nit details when searching and confiscating motor collections, which invariably have those pesky uncertified motors in them.

Yes join both.

Besides with TRA I hear you get a 9, no now 12 times a year beautiful full color magazine which is 80 pages in length. And the local clubs while they have a penchence for violence and removals of spectators by force are really good ole boys.

And NAR? They have a bimonthly magazine too. Theirs seems to have more artifacts to point to however and those clubs have a penchance to openly encourage 1/4A's and 1/2A's as if they were, well, normal.

Jerry

Merry Christmas!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Waste of time Bob. I ignored trollboy #2 at your request. You might consider ignoring trollboy #1 at mine.

Merry Christmas

I don't know about you frozen cold folks but I am flying rockets at least 3 times from 12-20 to 1-4. The first time was short sleeve weather and zero wind.

Get High. And fast.

Jerry

Tis the season to fly rockets. . . .

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

In case you care which you obviously do not, it was to HELP THOSE without them to get them "by reference" with those that already had. Like me. Like Vulcan. Like Estes.

I was trying to help.

No good deed goes unpunished Ray.

Do I really need to list all the reasonably good motors companies forced out of business? There were at least 6 that made products acceptable to me and recommending in my kits and at my big ass group launches (you do not argue with big-ass do you?). Yes they had some bad FIRST batches. Even I did that when switching OEM's. But later batches were just fine and they were not only decertified (many manufacturers), but refused for renewal certs.

Jerry

Fly with FSI!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

AZ is not a NFPA state. Nor do I """"""claim"""""" to manufacture motors. And, if I did pretend to manufacture motors, I'd simply complain about it on rmr for 10 years, instead of taking any sort of action.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

I didn't mean I think they *are* a hoax, but that I couldn't believe a department of the US government are actually producing this video. I'm also impressed by their stupidity - leaving reload kits in the same vehicle they're launching from.

-- Niall Oswald ============= UKRA 1345, L0

Reply to
Niall Oswald

wrong jerry: the NAR/TRA can legally restrain you from trading in rocket motors in the IFC/NFPA compliant states.... so the solution is to trade in rocket motors outside of the IFC/NFPA states as the NAR/TRA has no legal authority there.....its really pretty simple.....

forget trying to get on the good side of the NAR/TRA/IFC/NFPA consortium....bypass them completely.....sell product in non IFC/NFPA compliant states only.....to BOTH independent rocketeers AND to NAR/TRA members who leave their NAR/TRA membership cards at home in the drawer......DO you seriously think the NAR/TRA would actually kick all hundreds if not thousands of their membership base? I don't....

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Hmm.. My understanding is that Jack Kane, Chairman of NAR S&T which receives, stores, fires, and certifies HPR motors, is not HPR user certified.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

If you have the appropriate state and local fireworks permits/licences, can't you still use uncertified and EX HPR motors?

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

I think a person should be allowed to join either or the NAR/TRA, or both, or none, or either the NAR/TRA and be an independent rocketeer at the same time. We have people that members of both national organizations....which regulations do they fly under? Well of course they fly under NAR regulation when they are with NAR people and events and they fly under TRA regulation when they are with TRA people and events. SO why can't I fly under NEITHER organizations set of regulations if I so desire? and then fly under their rules when I am with either NAR or TRA people? THis is the crux of the problem... But why should you join the NAR? 1. insurance 2. clubs 3. competition. 4. sport flying

SEE I want to be a member of the NAR......and I also want to be an independent rocketeer.... and I want to fly NAR competition under their regulations, but I want to fly my amateur sport rocketry activities as an independent rocketeer under the laws of the State of the Kentucky... I don't see it asan all or nothing proposition....If a person can join both the NAR/TRA and fly under their respective regulations depending onthe time and circumstances, why can't I choose to fly independent of each organization regulations, especially if I live in a non IFC/NFPA compliant state?

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Classic ingredients for an urban myth. There may even be some truth in the story somewhere, but what and how much? That's how urban myths work. Some of the story is true and can be proven, but some of it is made up. Usually the made up parts make the subject of the story look stupid. How much of this "story" is fact? Those who claim to know are "sworn" to secrecy. There is no evidence that this story took place as reported, none. It is all hearsay.

If I'm wr> I didn't mean I think they *are* a hoax, but that I couldn't believe a

Reply to
Alex Mericas

its reality is not contigent on your belief

it is no hoax

- iz

Alex Mericas wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

You canot (accurately) declare something an urban myth merely because it was just reported by 5 very respected professionals with sources where you have never stepped foot and probably never will.

It is not implausible and it is not all that deniable either.

Further it actually happened.

For something to be a myth it has to have never happened.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

No, launching from a vehicle is stupid, leaving the loads in it is even more stupid! ... :-) "Trained Government Experts"

Kevin Patterson

TOOLS R US

Reply to
Alex Mericas

Reply to
Alex Mericas

I would prefer you not believe it. It is more entertaining that way.

Did any news service cover the laser tests at Edwards last month?

Or the vehicles that land after producing dual sonic booms? Weekly!

Jerry

Trust but verify.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine