ieee membership rejected! This is just a jobloss hate!

Hi,

No kidding! It's I who rejected it!

Did anyone dicide not to renew your membership/associate? ieee in usa is too weak! it only supports big companies and its so called ieee standards/specifications, and most of the ee/compe engineers are on the verge of losing their jobs. If you are in the gov, then I don't want to talk to you.

So, I dicided, and my friends dicided, maybe I'll call more friends and students in school near by not to join the ieee. First, it costs too much. Second, it has no support for its members. Fianally and not the last, it is a dump of useless members.

Give me your thought.

Bye!

I wonder why it advertizes itself with more than 300k members. I think it is the electronics/electrical industry that should pay for cost of operating ieee.

Reply to
Chad

You might want to learn to spell before criticizing organizations such as IEEE. The word is "decided". I work for a very small company and we are very active in IEEE. Also, I personally use their insurance programs. Take the annual cost of life insurance through IEEE, add the dues, and it is still cheaper than buying the same insurance on the street.

Sounds like you have done little to try to get any advantage from your IEEE membership (or education).

Charles Perry P.E.

Reply to
Charles Perry

But it's the way the system works - if the EEs are losing their jobs, it's because either their work is no longer needed or it can be done more cost effectively by someone else. Compete or die.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Shymanski

The company I work for DOES pay, you pay the dues, they refund the dues to you, most big companies do this.

Reply to
repatch

Yea... A lot of them are losing their jobs because of greedy American companies. Sending our jobs overseas to squeeze out another penny. I wonder if you would have the same 'compete or die' attitude if your job went to India.

Bill Shymanski wrote:

Reply to
private

Although your comment emotionally could be even embraced, but the hard fact remains, that is, in a capitalistic society Darwinian laws are at work. An American company has no incentives in keeping jobs at home if it is not able to compete with an other one that has a more favorable cost structure abroad. "Compete or die" this is the underlying principle. To compete effectively, the playing field has to be leveled. Only governments have the power to induce companies to modify their behavior (and in so doing tinkering with the free market forces!). In a nutshell this is my brutally simplistic explanation. Gene

Reply to
Gene

Hi,

I believe it's time to dump the ieee. Any ideas to do that? A new ieee should have ieee codes of ethics so that "every body can bribe/compete/hurt others for jobs."

How much did usa ieee pay to get a voice in the usa congress? There are 300k members, and less than 5% have any real work for ieee. I only see wasteful late-news papers/magazines/emails sent to my mail post everymonth. ieee actually only operates for its member industry.

chad abqbosque.

Reply to
Chad

You know, people who are heavy drug users have trouble keeping a job. Is this your problem? Re-read you post and see how much sense it makes.

As for 5% of members having real work for IEEE. I assume you mean 5% participate in IEEE. I am not sure what the actual figure is, but the way you fix that is by showing up and doing something.

What do you mean by "ieee actually only operates for its member industry"?

Charles Perry P.E.

Reply to
Charles Perry

If my job goes to India - and it could - then I'd better do something else.

The auto industry in the US shaped up and seems to be relatively healthy. They learned to compete or die.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Shymanski

Hey Chuck, I get elected to fellow with out even applying. (They did not hold my spelling against me. ;-)

. . I DO NOT FOLLOW MANY OF THESE NEWS GROUPS To answere me address mail to snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
BUSHBADEE

Charles, I was thinking exactly the same thing. The wording of his subsequent post makes this even clearer.

I like to party and booze too, but not when serious matters are involved that in any way involve my profession, employment or responsibilities.

That said, I've known absolutely wonderful people whose use of booze and drugs has literally destroyed every aspect of their family lives and careers. Sadly, the problem is increasing today simply because more professionals are 'loners' without a support group of close friends who will act to set them straight when they run amuck (sp?) or otherwise go out of control.

Some people simply don't realize that you cannot live a healthy, normal life when your only contact with other humans is what you get on the Internet or see in films and television!

Harry C.

Reply to
Harry Conover

I find IEEE very useful.