Secret spaceplane was operational?

Check this out....
http://www.aviationnow.com/avnow/news/channel_awst_story.jsp?id=news/030606p1.xml
...might explain LOTS of those sightings and sonic booms that were going on
back in the 90's....
I wrote:

http://www.aviationnow.com/avnow/news/channel_awst_story.jsp?id=news/030606p1.xml
Back in the late 70s early 80s, I knew of a program that was doing this very thing. Not going into detail, but Aurora DOES exist. Flights we conducted between Beale AFB and White Sands (testing) then orbital (operational). The planes' landing at Beale was masked as a returning SR-71 flight. We were fearful that people would ask questions about the 'sky-quakes', so there was a cover story invented where the claim would be made that military aircraft were accidentally going mach 1 too close to civilian areas. In reality, as the plane flew over CA on its way south, the shock wave would be heard and felt. As for the other bases listed in the article, I don't know about them as I was not privy to the 'operational' status of the aircraft. That is a good thing :)
You think the SR-71 is awesome ... you think STEALTH is fantastic ... you think Area 51 has alien technology ... well that is a stretch, but Aurora DID exist. It was canceled because it was too expensive, and the Soviet Union fell in 1992.
My my my, if I only didn't fear losing my pension; the stories I could tell you :)
and the check is in the mail?

No. Kelly Bundy had the correct quote:
"Yeah, right. And the check is in my mouth!"
http://www.sirius.com /

...the funniest, and probably most risque line, that ever appeared on prime time.
On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 17:45:38 -0500, I wrote:

Well...once on "St. Elsewhere", the episode's editing cut to a cafeteria scene just in time to allow "Victor Erlich" (Ed Begley Jr.) to utter the punchline to a great risque joke:
"Pa, Ma can't come out now....she's busy weighing the mailman."
--

Greg Heilers
I wrote:

And it was the funniest damn show on tv. Most risque line though?? I thought Leave it to Beaver had the most risque line during primetime....'Ward, I think you were a little hard on the Beaver last night'.
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 21:44:46 -0600, the notorious t-e-d wrote:

Was that line ever actually in the show? I know it was "quoted" as a joke in "Revenge of the Nerds"...but I just assumed that it was apochrophyl, just like "Beam me up, Scotty" (which never appeared in Star Trek in those exact words).

--

Greg Heilers
Greg Heilers wrote:

I swear I heard it back when I was a youngin' in the early eighties. But then again, the eighties to me was malted hops, bong resin and rockets :)
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
the notorious t-e-d wrote:

It was the late sixties when I heard Her say it...., did You say malt shop? Oh wait, never mind. :)
Fred forgot about that one. But I am from the government I AM really here to help you.