Corbett Williams

Ray Freeman in Australia has managed to find a Welsh Corbett Williams. He wants to know of any other owners to contact & if any paperwork is available. His engine is No 1558 & he would like to find out when it was made. TIA

Reply to
Dave Croft

Horizontal or vertical, Dave?

Patrick Knight did an excellent article on Corbett Williams in SEM some while ago, but it's not available in the reprints section.

Dating will be difficult, there aren't many around. I know of a vertical (a Lister lookalike) and an earlier horizontal type in this area.

Regards, Arthur Griffin

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

Dave and all, An off-group mail reminded me to look up that SEM article. It's in issue 275, January 1997. Corbett Williams were based in Rhuddlan, near Rhyl. Like many of the smaller firms in the business, most of their engine production seems to have gone abroad.

It's not absolutely clear, but it looks like engine production was from 1908ish to 1922/23.

Contact me if you need any further info. I've got a few photos.

Regards, Arthur G

ago, but it's not available in the

Lister lookalike) and an earlier

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

replying to Dave Croft, Gwynfor wrote: Tell Ray Freeman to contact me as I have a book out The John Williams Story which includes a chapter on Corbett Williams Oil Engines snipped-for-privacy@dorchester.entadsl.com

Reply to
Gwynfor

replying to Dave Croft, Corbet wrote: Hi Dave. I own engine no. 1552. It is a vertical engine of 5hp and can be viewed in SEM on page 50 in issue 536 November 2018, and has been dated 1915. Hope this is of help. John Berning.

Reply to
Corbet