J & F Howard Bedford engine info wanted

Can anyone tell me where I may be able to find out some information on the engines built by J & F Howard of Bedford. A friend of mine has one of these very old oil engines, and I have been trying for over six months to find out something about it, but apart from one paragraph in Patrick Knights book I have been spectacularly unsuccesful. Hope someone may know sombody who can help. Graham

Reply to
Graham Veitch

Hi Graham, They seem to have had other interests as well, Steam & railway. See the below.

don't you ask the Bedford local history library to see what paperwork they have? PS I tried to reply off list but it bounced as a "Not Known" Address

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Dave Croft

Graham,

Howard's under another name still exist in Bedford, the company owner also a Howard lives in my village and I know the gent. If you can send me some pictures I will see what I can find. By the way I live in the Bedford area.

Mart> Can anyone tell me where I may be able to find out some information

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Martin and others,

Take a look at:

to see some pictures of the Howard engine in question. I've been in email contact with Graham and found he did not even know his post made it to the group. He is completely new to the world of news groups. I'll copy the replies to him until he gets his news reader sorted out. With him being in Oz, me in southern California and most of you in the U.K. it will be cumbersome at best due to the time zones but it looks like he will get some good information.

Regards, Larry

Reply to
Larry Evans

Have down loaded and if time allows will speak with a Mr Howard this weekend.

Mart> Martin and others,

Reply to
Campingstoveman