Sad news from Iraq

A platoon of soldiers in Iraq had to go into the desert to an isolated village to check it out. The route was over very soft sand unsuitable for any vehicles and camels were the only suitable transport.

The platoon leader went to Abduls Camel Mart and arranged for the transport for the next day.

Next day Abdul showed the platoon to the camels and said to the leader, "The place you are going to is an eight day ride. I have watered these camels and given them the brick, when you get there just let them drink as much water as they can and then give them the brick,OK?" The platoon leader had no idea what Abdul was on about and just nodded and smiled.

Off they set into the desert and on the eigth day arrived. Finding nothing they rested, watered the camels and set off back again.

Nine days later the platoon arrived back at Abduls on foot, not a camel in sight.

"Where are my camels?" said Abdul.

"Dead" said the platoon leader, "They died of thirst after seven days."

"Did you give them the brick?" said Abdul.

"No" said the platoon leader, "I didn't know what you meant, and didn't want to look stupid. Why the brick?"

"Camels can drink enough water to last them for seven days" said Abdul, "When they have nearly drunk their fill, creep up behind them and hit them across the nuts with the brick. That causes a deep sucking in and they take in enough water for another day."

We all live and learn.

Reply to
David Amos

The way I heard it, it was two bricks; "you creep up behind them and smack their nuts between the bricks." Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

I am told that that can be quite painless......so long as you keep your thumbs out of the way.

Reply to
David Amos