X-Prize kits from Estes

Hobby People website seems to indicate at least one model in stock.
Anybody been to a store and seen it in stock?
Any other vendors have them yet?
Photos from the Hobby Visions show are now online on the SoCalRockets
Yahoogroup - including many Estes X-Prize kit photos.
-Fred Shecter
Reply to
Fred Shecter
I'm expecting a few in soon, but the Space Ship One and Oracle have been delayed 'til January.
DDP ______________________________________________
the hottest model rocketry products on the 'net.
Reply to
DDP
They probably had to update the decals for the Space Ship One.
Bob Kaplow
OK, my local Hobby People (Lake Forest) did not have any of the new kits, but...
My local mom & pop hobby shop did. They have the Gouchito, the Lucky Seven, the Rubicon (all of these are the Ansari X-Prize kits), and they also had the Scissor-Wing Transport. The Gouchito and Lucky Seven are both mini-engine kits, the Rubicon is a D-engine kit (and fairly pricy, at $29.99). The Scissor Wing was listed at $19.99, with laser-cut fins.
Haven't opened them up yet (and won't be able to today), but I'll post the instruction sheets when possible.
BTW, it was kind of funny -- the 18-year-old-ish clerk at the hobby store was really impressed with the cool, new design of the Scissor Wing Transport -- until I told him it was a re-issue of a 30-year-old design...
David Erbas-White
Reply to
David Erbas-White
$18.99 at eHobbies. Listed as in stock.
I saw this model (and the bagged kit) in Las Vegas at HobbyVisions (photos are online at SoCalRockets YahooGroup). Tons of interesting parts in this kit.
Someone could buy it , build it and fly it at the Sunday SCRA launch.
(alas, I'm too busy...)
-Fred Shecter NAR 20117
Reply to
Fred Shecter
I forgot... I put them on a.b.m.r (that's the one with the little dots, not the one that's all capital letters).
David Erbas-White
Cliff Sojourner wrote:
Reply to
David Erbas-White