PR: Pratt Hobbies holiday MicroMaxx blowout

Thanks to a special purchase from Quest, I'm able to offer some reasonably silly prices on some MicroMaxx products at

I have motors, Little Joe II starter kits, and some of the two-model packs. The prices will be in effect while supplies last or until December 31. I also proudly carry the MicroMaxx powered scale model kits from Aerospace Specialty Products, and am getting closer to cranking out a couple of MMX kits of my own.

Doug Pratt dad-at-pratthobbies-dot-com

Reply to
Doug Pratt

I don't recall a Quest MicroMaxx LJII.

Bob Kaplow

It's right there on his web site...

Reply to
Mike Smeltzer

And I have one in my hands from our local mom-and-pop hobby shop.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

So it is. I've never seen it, and it wasn't in the 10-pack I just picked up. I guess I'll have to buy one (or three or ...)

Bob Kaplow

Doug, If only I could get an altimeter to fit.;-) The mosquito was about as small a rocket I could fit one in. Hmmm.

RDH8

Reply to
RDH8

Don't tell Bob about the MicroMaxx X-15.....

Reply to
Fred Shecter

OK, I'll bite: What X-15?

Bob Kaplow

They've been on sale for approximately 2 years (IIRC). I think they were even in the last wave of Wal-Mart sets.

Reply to
Fred Shecter

Thanks to everyone who has ordered. It looks as though I screwed up when I entered the products into my web store, so the shipping charge comes out too high. Everyone who ordered will get an emailed invoice with the correct shipping amount (the actual cost of postage plus $3 handling), and that's the amount that will be charged. Sorry for the inconvenience.

It MAY be fixed now. I have a problem with the shipping api routines, especially on custom lengths of Kevlar cord, for example. I can't put in a shipping weight of less than one ounce, and if you order a 50 foot piece of say TK Microbraid, it assumes that the package weighs 50 ounces.

If you enter an order on my web site and the total looks weird, don't panic. The site does NOT process your card at the time of order. I do that manually, so that your card number is not entered into a database anywhere online. I always email an invoice with the correct amount before charging your card. If there's a problem, you'll get a prompt refund.

Doug Pratt dad-at-pratthobbies-dot-com

Reply to
Doug Pratt

Speaking of Quest and X-15... does anyone know the status of the 4 Quest Rockets (one of them a X-15, not MM ) and Q2 igniters announced at NARAM. The sheet said Fall 2004. I haven't seen them listed anywhere, not even under the coming soon category

Bruce Canino

I do have a little payloader with a clear plastic payload section in the works; we flew it at the last NARHAMS Night Launch with one of those little fishing lure lightsticks in it. Worked great. "Firefly" is the obvious name, although I am tempted to name it "Eine Kleine Nachtrockett" in the vain hope that other Mozart fans might get the joke.

Doug Pratt dad-at-pratthobbies-dot-com

Reply to
Doug Pratt

Cool. More people would probably understand the name than you think...

Eldred

Reply to
EldredP