Where could I buy bulk amounts of a single size of hex wrenches ?

Where could I buy bulk amounts of a single size of hex wrenches ? Say 10-15 at a time ? Thanks !

Reply to
pogo

I used to buy 100 at a time from MSC. Then I would dump them on a newspaper and spray paint each size a different color then I would tell my employees give me a red one or what ever color I needed.

Reply to
Jim Sehr

H/F usually has a number of sizes of cheap, single wrenches and sockets for sale. Dick

Reply to
Dick

Seems like everything I'm doing these days comes back around to them in one form or another ... Thanks!

Reply to
pogo

I Googled "MSC" ... you mean MSC Industrial Supply Company ? Thanks for the info!

Reply to
pogo

I just ordered a 100 for about 9 bucks! Thanks ! Great tip!

Reply to
pogo

OK, I'll bite.

100 of what?

And if you are a spammer, I'll hunt you down ;)

Reply to
Rex B

Bondhus and Unbrako tend to last the longest at work, Eklind are alright but not great. I can't imagine a hex key from H/F would be very enjoyable to use. Twisting, coming out of screws under force, breaking, buggering the screw, etc.

I've been hit a couple of times (in the face once) by buggered hex keys coming out of SHCSs. YMMV.

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

According to Rex B :

So -- Thunderbird does not honor the "References: " header to keep track of threads where the subject line changes? (Granted, that can be somewhat of a pain sometimes, when somebody thinks that he is creating a new thread just by changing the "Subject: " header, but overall, it is good to be able to backtrack through subject changes.

I didn't bother to go back to his article to see what he used to post it, but given the lack of any quoting, I suspect that it may have been Google.

As it turns out -- he got 100 of a single size Allen key, for whatever reason. I've bought similar quantities in the past, so I could supply a wrench with each example of a product that I made at that time which needed an unusually small one. (For 2-56 setscrews, if it matters.)

He didn't include a URL in the article, did he? Not much point to spam without some way of finding out what the product is. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

It does. You have to select the thread view display.

Kevin Gallimore

Reply to
axolotl

I can't STAND spammers, so no worries there.

I ordered 100 5/32" hex key wrenchs from MSC.

I'm using OutlookExpress to read and post to the newsgroups. My reader still shows the start of this thread. Sometimes when I click on Get Headers I'll end up seeing the start of thread that was missing before. Also, OE has an option to display "complete conversations" (entire thread) vs not doing it. Maybe that will help.

Reply to
pogo

That's exactly what I did. I am creating some robotics kits and I wanted to be able to supply an appropriate wrench with each kit.

Reply to
pogo

Back in the days when 80 meg disk drives cost $15000 and weighed 500 lbs, I had to loosen a lot of very tight 3/16 countersunk allens. They ate up my Xcelite wrencnes after a few applications. Then I bought a snap-on kit, and, after several hundred more of those screws, using a cheater bar, coming loose with a loud crack every time, the wrench only shows a light burnishing of the tip,, =20

I suspect a HF item wouuld have twisted into a pretzel before the screw budged.=20

-- Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@" Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.

Reply to
Doug Warner

Reply to
~Roy~

Okay, but when replying to an established thread don't change the Subject: line in the headers. Go down in the message body and write your reply down there, trimming original content when necessary.

I had to go click on one of the Message-ID numbers in the References: header line to figure out what the h*** you were talking about - it popped back to the post in the old thread.

(Razzle-fratzing Outhouse Distress users...) ;-P

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

I contacted them and asked for the free catalog. It arrived the NEXT DAY! All 4600 pages of it.

And then my PO Box got a copy as well. Some times some companies are just TOO helpful.

Just had a great experience with Enco as well. I was calling them to track a package that hadn't "moved" in 4 days. They sent a duplicate the next day - and then the first one arrived. I send the duplicate back at their cost. Excellent service.

Reply to
Bruce Barnett

I figure the heading is there for informational purposes, so I utilized it to give more info on the content of the message itself. I just use Outlook Express for newsgroups, currently, but evidently different newsgroup readers treat the information differently & don't group a thread accordingly if the subject line changes. Bad programming! OE keeps it all together, so I wasn't aware of how it messes up eveyone else's newsreader.

My apologies!

But on the other hand, you must have been pretty bored to go figure out where my message belonged! :-)

Reply to
pogo

Cool! I sent for one too, when I placed my order.

I'll have to look them up, too! Thanks!

Reply to
pogo

Any opinions on the quality of those from MSC? I ordered the cheapest I could because these are supposed to be complimentary and shouldn't ever need more than firm tightening. Thanks!

Reply to
pogo

I have no comments on the keys you purchased. However, you typically get what you pay for.

I assemble machines at work and cheap machines include cheap hex keys, period. If you're not too worried about repeat customers or word-of-mouth referrals, you should be fine.

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.