Hobby Lobby - Trumpeter

Cruising by the Longmont, Colorado, Hobby Lobby when no 50% sale was running, I noticed for the first time plastic kits by Trumpeter that were not packaged under the Hobbycraft label. Seen were .....

1/25th Chevy Belair and Nova cars (in large boxes for the scale) 1/350th Liberty Ship USS JOB

This means that Trumpeter is now on the Hobby Lobby corporate buyer's radar screen and perhaps the next 50% off sale will be fruitful.

Also spotted were the Hasegawa 1/48th P-40E and the 1/72nd B-25 and He-111. As I recall, the sticker price for the Hasegawa He-111 was pushing $40, so even at 1/2 price this will be a sizable investment. Do I really want it that much?

The Trumpeter/Hobbycraft kits have yielded some of the best all time Hobby Lobby snatches; for example, a 1/24th Spitfire miss-marked at $40 and half off that to boot. But that is past shopping glory and yes, even with the Spitfire in my stash, I have not built it, so was it a good and wise purchase?

Actually, building that spitfire and the JSC 1/24th one in cardstock and the

1/33rd Halinski cardstock (scaled up in Photoshop) would make for an interesting side by side comparison, so I have no excuse other then space in my home constraints.

To recap, I think the JOB (USS Jeremiah O'Brien) is the target kit for the next sale.

..../V

Reply to
Vess Irvine

that 111 for 20 bucks would be a dream. but no hl's near here.

The 3 stores in Albuquerque have had all 4 plastic cars kits by Trumpeter for a couple of months now.

- 60 Bonneville sport coupe and ragtop

- 63 Nova SS coupe and ragtop

JOB, hmmm, got one just over a mile away, gotta go check. I love my Hobby Lobby stores!!!

Grandpa John

Reply to
John DeBoo

Reply to