1/32 scale aircraft

Hi,
I live in the UK and having not built a model for many years built a Mk1 Spitfire from Revell in 1/32 scale. I really enjoyed it and I learnt a lot
and am now building a Corsair from the same series.
Trouble is that there doesn't seem to be a lot of support for 1/32 scale about. 1/48 and 1/72 seem well catered for but that's about it.
I'd like to build a P51D mustang and a lancaster bomber but haven't been able to find either of these in this scale (admittedly the lanc would probably be a pretty large model in this scale but that's not a problem for me).
Can anyone help further please? I don't mind ordering from the US if I need to :-)
Thanks, Mark.

He're a 1/32 and 1/72 exclusive site with lots of stuff: http://www.xs4all.nl/%7Edesigner/models/models.htm
Used to be another large scale site but its dissapeared. 1/32 is getting more coverage of late due to the new 109s, F18s, and a couple other recent releases.
This Spit has been built/covered in a couple of other sites- Hyperscale, Modeling Madness and/or Aircraft Resource Center. Probably the Corsair and others too.
Tom
There are tons of 1/33rd cardstock models that build into nice replicas that rival and perhaps exceed plastic, Including Lancasters, B-29s, B-24, Gigants, Sunderlands, B-52, etc., if you want really big models. Publishers include GPM, Halinski, Fly Models, JSC, ModelArt, DigitalNavy (do web search). Here is an example of a built up Halinski P-51 in 1/33rd.
http://papermodel.pe.kr/mustang.html
Lots less expense too. $10 about for JSC 1/24th P-51. $100 or thereabouts for 1/24th Trumpeter in plastcic.
Skills are different then plastic. Build times can be comparable to do a first rate job ot it. One advantage, since these models are pre-printed in final paint schemes, the model "looks" like a P-51 a lot sooner in the build process. Finish the fuselage assembly and it is finished. You can start "flying" the model around your room much sooner.
Also cardstock models are "bio-degradable."
Computer technology has really got it's hooks into the paper model designers and publishers, and completely off our radar screen, the quality of these models have improved enormously, in fit of parts and color renderings, as well as in distribution economics (downloading complete models over the Internet; saves a lot in middleman and marketing expenses). No waiting for a container shipload of plastic to unload in San Francisco harbor.
Since you are in the UK and probably a loyal RAF, RN fan, may I suggest you tackle the 1/33rd Sunderland flying boat from Fly Models? Love to see your result.
Here is a build-up picture of that!!!!
http://paperwings.50megs.com/short/short.htm
Vess Irvine Estes Park, Colorado, USA
wrote:

lot
Tom, Disappeared? I don't think so. Changed URL's more like it http://www.largescaleplanes.com / Plenty of P-51's and Spitfires and the like there in the galleries/works links. But still, I've never heard of a 1/32 Lancaster ( don't WANT to either - though I'd quite like to do a multimedia turret with brass and everything :) Check out the guys at Combat Models though - they seem to succumb to large scale madness regularly. Chek
wrote:

lot

Cool. I'll update my links page.

I was just responding to the mentione 1/32 wasn't supported and not addressing the lancaster part.

Thanks!
Tom
Just a short note to 1/32 fans.
I have a few of the cast metal 1/32 scale USN Seated Pilot figures on hand at $5 each plus postage.
These are beautiful figures done by Worster Miniatures as a fund raiser for the IPMS Golden Gate Chapter. The chapter is currently hibernating, but shall return soon.
If you are interested in one or more please let me know.
Tom

Hmm....quite depressing. I thought I made a good job of my spitfire until I saw these models - amazingly good. :-)
Thanks to everyone who has replied - been very helpful.
Cheers, Mark.
Another resource for 1/32 scale kits are the larger stick and tissue models.

for
need
Dear Mark,
We have a lot of WWII 1/24, 1/32 planes from Trumpter, Hasagewa, Tamyia. Price better than US webstore. When adding shipping charges, we have proof to have better price.
Check it out at http://www.luckymodel.com
Raymond Chung LuckyModel.com

for
need

for
Hasegawa P-51D, ID Models Lancaster (latter out of production and a vacform, so not to everyone's taste! ;o)
Next question?
Regards,
Iain 32SIG http://www.skywriters.net