HOBBY LOBBY

Once again, 1/2 off plastic models...time to buy that sprint car I've been wanting.
Tom

--
T. E. Parson
29S2R

Nevermind, I checked and it is in the newspaper add.
Chuck

been
Shhhh! don't let everybody get there before we do. Jerry 47

I've got 3 in town so if one is out, I'm off to the next.
jerry 47 wrote:

John DeBoo wrote:

I'm gonna sue! We haven't any here in Maryland, that's economic descrimination!
                            Bill Shuey
In luck here in Estes Park, Colorado. From my cabin bordering Rocky Mountain National Park, it is down 3,000 feet of twisty river canyon highway for 35 minutes, mostly through Roosevelt National Forest, and right there, when you bottom out in the prairie flatlands, is the Loveland Hobby Lobby. If they fail, there is another 10 minutes further in Longmont.. Also within an hour, Fort Collins, Arvada, Broomfield and Denver. Hobby Lobby loves Colorado as a place to site it's stores..
Got a Michaels Art Supply in Fort Collins too .... Closest serious hobby store is a one hour drive in Greeley, at Don's Hobbies. If they don't got it, you don't need it ..... LOL. Don;s is really good for old dusty kits that go back 20 years
Colpar (Aurora) and Caboose Hobbies (Denver) are 1 1/2 hours for the serious stuff like resin and PE aftermarket and say, White Ensign enamels or Liveries Unlimited decals.
Only problem, it is hot down there. 82 degrees here means 100 down there. Plus Estes Park has no mosquitos, thus no West Nile Disease. By going to Loveland, I run the guantlet of virus carrying mosquitos, now at it's peak and hitting Colorado hard.
Which reminds me, I haven't yet built that $60 Academy 1/32nd F-18 from the last 1/2 price Hobby Lobby sale. ....... or the $50 Trumpeter 1/24th P-51 .... These sales are great, but they are adding to my stash in the closet ..... Hmmmmm .... think I might get out that F-18 tonite ....
Sadly, my other current interest, cardstock models, requires mail order from Prague, Czech Republic and/or Hamburg, Germany. Can't drive there for the 1/2 price sales ..... but with these models downloading over the Internet is the coming thing.
Vess Irvine

Thomas Parson wrote:

I got a 1/35 scale MRC-Academy AH-60L DAP Blackhawk for $25 + tax.
--
Edwin

(Remove "DIESPAMDIE!")

Is there one even remotely close to San Franciso?

hehe, I don't know, I _THINK_ there is one in Cheyenne Wyoming, and of course up here in Rapid City South Dakota. Road trip anyone?!?
hehe, sorry Tom (got my sprint car, am going back on Friday/Payday and get a couple others I've been eyeing.)
--
T. E. Parson
29S2R
Craig wrote:

go to www.hobbylobby.com. They supply a map of all their stores. Jerry 47

been
Those of you who don't have a Hobby Lobby need not feel so bad. I went to the one in Huntsville, AL (north) and was there when they opened on Monday. Although they had a pretty good selection, they didn't have anything that I either wanted or didn't have already. 1/2 price is no deal if you don't want or need what's on sale. My guess is a lot of their items are bought by part time dealers/eBayist's for re-sale. Jerry 47