HOBBY LOBBY

Once again, 1/2 off plastic models...time to buy that sprint car I've been
wanting.
Tom
Reply to
Thomas Parson
I've got 3 in town so if one is out, I'm off to the next.
jerry 47 wrote:
Reply to
John DeBoo
I checked the website and the internet coupon is for stained glass. Did not see one for models.
Chuck
Reply to
Charles Rizzo
Nevermind, I checked and it is in the newspaper add.
Chuck
Reply to
Charles Rizzo
I'm gonna sue! We haven't any here in Maryland, that's economic descrimination!
Bill Shuey
Reply to
William H. Shuey
In luck here in Estes Park, Colorado. From my cabin bordering Rocky Mountain National Park, it is down 3,000 feet of twisty river canyon highway for 35 minutes, mostly through Roosevelt National Forest, and right there, when you bottom out in the prairie flatlands, is the Loveland Hobby Lobby. If they fail, there is another 10 minutes further in Longmont.. Also within an hour, Fort Collins, Arvada, Broomfield and Denver. Hobby Lobby loves Colorado as a place to site it's stores..
Got a Michaels Art Supply in Fort Collins too .... Closest serious hobby store is a one hour drive in Greeley, at Don's Hobbies. If they don't got it, you don't need it ..... LOL. Don;s is really good for old dusty kits that go back 20 years
Colpar (Aurora) and Caboose Hobbies (Denver) are 1 1/2 hours for the serious stuff like resin and PE aftermarket and say, White Ensign enamels or Liveries Unlimited decals.
Only problem, it is hot down there. 82 degrees here means 100 down there. Plus Estes Park has no mosquitos, thus no West Nile Disease. By going to Loveland, I run the guantlet of virus carrying mosquitos, now at it's peak and hitting Colorado hard.
Which reminds me, I haven't yet built that $60 Academy 1/32nd F-18 from the last 1/2 price Hobby Lobby sale. ....... or the $50 Trumpeter 1/24th P-51 .... These sales are great, but they are adding to my stash in the closet ..... Hmmmmm .... think I might get out that F-18 tonite ....
Sadly, my other current interest, cardstock models, requires mail order from Prague, Czech Republic and/or Hamburg, Germany. Can't drive there for the 1/2 price sales ..... but with these models downloading over the Internet is the coming thing.
Vess Irvine
Reply to
Vess Irvine
Shhhh! don't let everybody get there before we do. Jerry 47
Reply to
jerry 47
I got a 1/35 scale MRC-Academy AH-60L DAP Blackhawk for $25 + tax.
Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall
Is there one even remotely close to San Franciso?
Reply to
Craig
hehe, I don't know, I _THINK_ there is one in Cheyenne Wyoming, and of course up here in Rapid City South Dakota. Road trip anyone?!?
hehe, sorry Tom (got my sprint car, am going back on Friday/Payday and get a couple others I've been eyeing.)
Reply to
Thomas Parson
As per their web site, HL stores exist in: Alabama Arkansas Colorado Florida Georgia Iowa Illinois Indiana Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Michigan Minnesota Missouri Mississippi North Carolina North Dakota Nebraska New Mexico Ohio Oklahoma South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Wisconsin Wyoming
Grandpa
go to
They supply a map of all their stores. Jerry 47
Reply to
jerry 47
Those of you who don't have a Hobby Lobby need not feel so bad. I went to the one in Huntsville, AL (north) and was there when they opened on Monday. Although they had a pretty good selection, they didn't have anything that I either wanted or didn't have already. 1/2 price is no deal if you don't want or need what's on sale. My guess is a lot of their items are bought by part time dealers/eBayist's for re-sale. Jerry 47
Reply to
jerry 47