Hobby Lobby

Does anyone know if when Hobby Lobby has one of their 50% off sales on models, if that is determined by Corporate or is it decided by the store manager?

Mike

Reply to
MQM107

Personally, I notice the Hobby Lobby 50% Sale usually comes during the week following the Saturday when I've blown all my weekly spending money at the hobby shop. ;^)

Last week, I found a cool bargain at a Hobby Lobby in Denver (Monaco & Leetsdale). Up on the top shelf of an aisle were a number of "yellow tagged" clearance kits. Most were about 1/3 to 1/2 off but I found a Tamiya 1/12th Suzuki RVG 500 racing bike for $9.38 and had to have it! The only other bike model I have is the Heller Suzuki RVG 500 so it was cool to get a larger scale version with more detail and better painting instructions. And for only $2 more than I paid for the Heller kit!

It pays to cruise by the Hobby Lobby even when there isn't a sale.

Martin

Reply to
centennialofflight

Corporate I'm sure. We have 3 HL's in town and they all have the same exact sales at the same time for the same stuff. All their weekly flyers and sales are on the corporate web site. The only other sales I've seen on a store by store basis are for clearence items.

BTW, they have a 40% off internet coupon right now for any one reg priced item in the store. One coupon/person/day - per store of course.

Grandpa John

Reply to
John DeBoo

Thanks for the reply John. A new store just opened down the road and I wasn't sure how this worked. I need to keep a eye on their website.

Mike

Reply to
MQM107

Best way is to get on their weekly e-mail, which will put the coupon in your hands each Sunday for that week. The 50% off coupon seems to show up about every 6-8 weeks.

Use this link to the signup form:

John Alger IPMS 10906 Charlotte Scale Modelers

Reply to
John

You can sign up for their weekly flyer and internet coupon as email from their website. That way you find everything they have on sale that week, plus the internet coupon which is seperate from the ad. I rarely get SPAM so I'd not be concerned about them giving out your email addr. BTW, you're going to LOVE the store, trust me! Regular prices are very competative already, then with the sales............

Oh, and if you do wooden ships, they carry basswood, sheets and strips of various sizes, and balsa wood too.

Grandpa John

Reply to
John DeBoo