Hobby Lobby - Estes Speedometer?

Yesterday evening I stopped at Hobby Lobby to check out their sales (half price on plastic models, wood, and knives). But when checking out the
rockets, I noticed something new, the "speed something". It looked like a redo of the MaxTrax except this one claims to measure speed instead of altitude. Any one know about this, or how it works. I'm sure it's NOT a real integrating accelerometer, just like the MaxTrax wasn't a real altimeter.
BTW, the add last Sunday also featured a 40% off one item coupon, which is also available as their internet coupon this week. http://www.hobbylobby.com/site3/weekly/coupons/coupon.cfm
Today is the last day for both the sales and the coupons.
Bob Kaplow wrote:

I really want to know how this works. On TIRF we were discussing it and the only thing that anyone has come up with is that it uses TWO timers. AND that you have to be able to set the type of engine you are using ie the delay and impulse time etc. Otherwise it cannot work. It has to be more than the simple single timer maxtraxx.
Please post info on this guys..does it have a settable switch for different engines? That should clue us in. DanC http://www.therocketryforum.com

I was at another HL yesterday afternoon (found 2 good balsa sheets!, used the 40% coupon for a pack of E9s) and they had both the MaxTrax and the Speed Freak. The rockets, payload sections, and displays looked to be the same.

We have 3 H.L. in our local area and it's funny how the prices and selections vary from store to store on the same items. Usually there can be a $2 - $5 difference on kits and almost as much on motors.
I found a great price on a 3 pack of C6-0 at $4.97. That's a huge reduction and that was the same at all stores. The sales clerk tells me that's now their regular price for ALL A-C motors, no matter what they are labeled. They had been selling boosters for $7.99 at H.L. in the past and sell for $8.29 elsewhere, so I picked up 7-8 packs and used the coupon on a 3 pack of D-12-3. Got those for $5.99!
Randy www.vernarockets.com