Hobby Lobby

For those of you who might be near a Hobby Lobby store, their HO Scale accessories are on sale at half price. Last year, this included all of their Woodland Scenics supplies which means that you can buy the WS PlasterCloth at about $4 per roll. And... last year, they even let me get rain checks, so I was able to buy about ten rolls.
dlm
Reply to
Dan Merkel
Dan,
Jusr got back from Hobby Lobby - I wound up spending over $60 on Woodland Scenics stuff, onlu one roll of plaster cloth there, but I really stocked up on trees and those large 'Shakers' of foam - Thanks!
Jim Bernier
Reply to
Jim Bernier
For those of you who might be near a Hobby Lobby store, their HO Scale accessories are on sale at half price. Last year, this included all of their Woodland Scenics supplies which means that you can buy the WS PlasterCloth at about $4 per roll. And... last year, they even let me get rain checks, so I was able to buy about ten rolls.
dlm
Reply to
Neb Okla
For those of you who might be near a Hobby Lobby store, their HO Scale accessories are on sale at half price. Last year, this included all of their Woodland Scenics supplies which means that you can buy the WS PlasterCloth at about $4 per roll. And... last year, they even let me get rain checks, so I was able to buy about ten rolls.
dlm
Reply to
Rob
You're welcome... and I can go you one step farther... if your SO finds out about the expenditure, you are even allowed to blame it on me! : ) Glad I could help out.
Like I said, the last time, they even let me get rain checks...
dlm
Reply to
Dan Merkel
crafts stuff.
accessories are on sale at half price. Last year, this included all of their Woodland Scenics supplies which means that you can buy the WS PlasterCloth at about $4 per roll. And... last year, they even let me get rain checks, so I was able to buy about ten rolls.
I doubt he does. At least one of our Hobby Lobbys in the Omaha area has a "selection" of train stuff. Actually a little better selection than the Hobby Town that's across the steet.
Jim
Reply to
Jim
Thank you thank you. I have been building my layout for 2 years, and have to endure a 10 mile drive to the mall area to get scenic supplies. Really fustrating when all I need is glue!! After reading this post this AM, I went to the Hobby Lobby a mile away, AND it has Woodland Scenics, AND it was half price!! After all these years... Rob P.S. And paint, and brushes, and I can go there with the wife!!
Reply to
Rob
Nope, he means Hobby Lobby, gents. Every one I've been in has at least one half of an aisle dedicated to model railroad supplies and sets, although the selection quality can vary quite a bit. There are three within reach here in my part of Kansas City. If you can find one, it's worth checking out. I picked up a number of building kits during this latest sale, and they have one of these every quarter or so - train sets were 50% off in the week before Christmas.
Chris Kansas City
Reply to
Chris Schultz
For those of you who might be near a Hobby Lobby store, their HO Scale accessories are on sale at half price. Last year, this included all of their Woodland Scenics supplies which means that you can buy the WS PlasterCloth at about $4 per roll. And... last year, they even let me get rain checks, so I was able to buy about ten rolls.
dlm
Reply to
Neb Okla
Hobby Lobby has the train accessories on sale usually twice a year. Same for the train sets, but at different times. You can check their weekly sale ad starting Sunday nights at
The stores are not open on Sundays.
Val
Reply to
VManes
Thanks for the heads up,, I missed it last time..
We have two Hobby Lobby stores in town (Actually one in town and the other in an a joining town). The closest store to me said it didn't apply to anything but marked down building kits (they only had three). The other store said it applied to everything but train sets. I bought $100 worth of Woodland Senics stuff there. I am going back Friday to argue the point with the first store.
Reply to
Leonard
Unfortunately, I don't know of one around here. There is one near my aunt's in Maryville, TN, though. I went in there last Autumn ('02), and found that they had a good selection of the Boley (sp?) HO vehicles. Found vehicles I didn't even know I needed. ;-) They didn't have a whole lot of stuff, but they had some goodies!
Le: : :>Dan, :> :> Jusr got back from Hobby Lobby - I wound up spending over $60 on :>Woodland Scenics stuff, onlu one roll of plaster cloth there, but I :>really stocked up on trees and those large 'Shakers' of foam - Thanks! :> :>Jim Bernier :> :>> Dan Merkel wrote: :>> :>> For those of you who might be near a Hobby Lobby store, their HO Scale :>> accessories are on sale at half price. Last year, this included all :>> of their Woodland Scenics supplies which means that you can buy the WS :>> PlasterCloth at about $4 per roll. And... last year, they even let me :>> get rain checks, so I was able to buy about ten rolls. :>> :>> dlm :>> -- :>> --------------------------- :>> Dan Merkel : : Thanks for the heads up,, I missed it last time.. : : We have two Hobby Lobby stores in town (Actually one in town and the : other in an a joining town). The closest store to me said it didn't : apply to anything but marked down building kits (they only had three). : The other store said it applied to everything but train sets. I : bought $100 worth of Woodland Senics stuff there. I am going back : Friday to argue the point with the first store.
Reply to
Michael Powell
crafts stuff. Nearest thing I saw to trains were some plastic model kits (non-railroad), and that was about it. Not too many of those.
Reply to
Slingblade
I just checked their website (under weekly specials) and the 50%-off sale goes til 01/03/04...
John
For those of you who might be near a Hobby Lobby store, their HO Scale accessories are on sale at half price. Last year, this included all of their Woodland Scenics supplies which means that you can buy the WS PlasterCloth at about $4 per roll. And... last year, they even let me get rain checks, so I was able to buy about ten rolls.
dlm
Reply to
ripsnort
To emphasize what Chris is saying about "selection quality can vary," the H-L here inn Findlay has no building kits whatsoever... but a pretty abundant supply of W-S scenic items...
dlm
Reply to
Dan Merkel