[GEN] Hobby Lobby bonanza!

All plastic model kits *and* hobby knives & replacement blades

50% off Monday through Saturday.

Plus! Another 40% off internet coupon good for anything in the store! Monday through Saturday, one coupon per day per customer.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

A repeat of last week's offer, I think. Nice, except they haven't anything that wasn't there last summer sale, when i got my P-47's. I don't need something new, just something different, like that 1/32 Zero.

Reply to
tomcervo

They have 1/2 off for all Excel hobby knives and blades too. Plus that

40% coup> A repeat of last week's offer, I think. Nice, except they haven't
Reply to
John DeBoo

Tom, At the risk of sounding pro small local business, for that 1/32nd Zero, have you tried your local hobby shop? Maybe you can get some sort of discount, not 50 percent, but maybe something if you talk to the owner. Just remember that your local hobby shop does not have a sales volume of $1.3 billion like Hobby Lobby.

Cheers,

Ray Aust> A repeat of last week's offer, I think. Nice, except they haven't

Reply to
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman

I'd like to take this moment, after watching all the coupon-mongering for Hobby Lobby going on for the past months, that you folks who live near a Hobby Lobby SUCK! I mean this in the best, most envious manner. You guys truly do suck!

Green with envy,

Frank Kranick (whose closest HL is on the Sea of Tranquility)

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

"Al Superczynski" wrote

I wouldn't buy Excel #11 blades for 90% off. I've found bulk packs of X-Acto blades to be more economical - and just better - in the long run.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

No, it's not - you don't have to print out a coupon to get half off of models, hobby knives and blades are half price this coming week, and there's a 40% off internet coupon for anything else in the store. Hardly a mere repeat, IMO...

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Excel is what's pictured in the ad but the way I read it the sale is for any brand.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Me, either. They don't seem to be as sharp as X-Acto blades and they're not quite the same shape at the rear.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

In an effort to deepen your shade of green I'd like to point out that one ot the *three* Hobby Lobby stores in central Arkansas is a mere _five_ minute drive from where I live... ;-p

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Doh!

Frank...

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

a long time ago i bought a 500 pack at arden's in boston. xacto's. paid about 8 bucks and lasted until this summer.

You did it again... :(

Reply to
Al Superczynski

why did i think i was replying to billy b? rorry, al.

You're using your Scooby voice again, aren't you.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

We got a new one! There was a grand opening for one in Huber Heights OH, last week. Around here they had two different fliers. 1/2 off the kits were listed on the G.O. flier. Don't think driving (15-20 mins.) to the new one (yet) is going to do me much good----they had to pull some stuff from the Springfield store, along with the girl who runs OUR model and arts dept. (best one ever). Since HLs Big Truck won't get in 'til Tuesday, there isn't much on either store's shelves :-) As far as Excel's stuff, the parallel cutter and blades are good items to pick up at 1/2 off.

-- Chuck Ryan Springfield OH

Reply to
Chuck Ryan

Anyone know where I can get an 1/32 SC 500, or AB 250, or AB 500 ??

TIA

AM

Reply to
AM

If I may be so bold, 2 of the 3 stores in Albuquerque are within 5 minutes of my house. The other is wayyyyyy far away across town, about

20 minutes I'd say... :-) Same with the 3 Michaels craft stores and I've a Harbor Freight a mile away. John
Reply to
John DeBoo

Yeah, and I'm sure it is uphill both ways, through the snow and you don't have shoes!

The nearest Hobby Lobby is 150 miles away!! At least we have a Village Crafts (Michaels owns it) and a Harbor Freight.

Reply to
Larry Farrell

Wanker... ;-p

Reply to