[GEN] Hobby Lobby bonanza!

e wrote:

Passed out of my radar range. I used to play the Turtles all the time. I'm impressed with how well White Whale records hold up through the years.
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Ah, the good old days, when one could find all manner of bargains in the 5-for-$1 bin....

genx (billy idol) ready steady go
Tom, At the risk of sounding pro small local business, for that 1/32nd Zero, have you tried your local hobby shop? Maybe you can get some sort of discount, not 50 percent, but maybe something if you talk to the owner. Just remember that your local hobby shop does not have a sales volume of $1.3 billion like Hobby Lobby.
Cheers,
Ray Austin, TX =tomcervo wrote:

"At the risk of sounding pro small local business, for that 1/32nd Zero, have you tried your local hobby shop? Maybe you can get some sort of discount, not 50 percent, but maybe something if you talk to the owner. Just remember that your local hobby shop does not have a sales volume of $1.3 billion like Hobby Lobby. "
My local gets 95% of my money--HL doesn't carry decals or books, or real paint, or a real variety of new and old kits. HL gets the money I'd spend on something I couldn't buy full price.
tomcervo wrote:

Good idea, if you have a 'local'. Lately I've been throwing paltry sums at Michael's, courtesy of the 40% off coupons. Otherwise it's mail order from Squadron.
Bill Banaszak, MFE

No, it's not - you don't have to print out a coupon to get half off of models, hobby knives and blades are half price this coming week, and there's a 40% off internet coupon for anything else in the store. Hardly a mere repeat, IMO...

My "From" address is munged - click "Reply To" to respond via email.
Al Superczynski wrote:

    I'd like to take this moment, after watching all the coupon-mongering for Hobby Lobby going on for the past months, that you folks who live near a Hobby Lobby SUCK!     I mean this in the best, most envious manner. You guys truly do suck!
Green with envy,
Frank Kranick (whose closest HL is on the Sea of Tranquility)
On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 19:53:48 -0400, "Francis X. Kranick, Jr."

In an effort to deepen your shade of green I'd like to point out that one ot the *three* Hobby Lobby stores in central Arkansas is a mere _five_ minute drive from where I live... ;-p

My "From" address is munged - click "Reply To" to respond via email.
Al Superczynski wrote:

    Doh!
Frank...

We got a new one! There was a grand opening for one in Huber Heights OH, last week. Around here they had two different fliers. 1/2 off the kits were listed on the G.O. flier. Don't think driving (15-20 mins.) to the new one (yet) is going to do me much good----they had to pull some stuff from the Springfield store, along with the girl who runs OUR model and arts dept. (best one ever). Since HLs Big Truck won't get in 'til Tuesday, there isn't much on either store's shelves :-) As far as Excel's stuff, the parallel cutter and blades are good items to pick up at 1/2 off. -- Chuck Ryan Springfield OH

Al Superczynski wrote:

If I may be so bold, 2 of the 3 stores in Albuquerque are within 5 minutes of my house. The other is wayyyyyy far away across town, about 20 minutes I'd say... :-) Same with the 3 Michaels craft stores and I've a Harbor Freight a mile away. John
John DeBoo wrote:

Yeah, and I'm sure it is uphill both ways, through the snow and you don't have shoes!
The nearest Hobby Lobby is 150 miles away!! At least we have a Village Crafts (Michaels owns it) and a Harbor Freight.
--
Larry D. Farrell, Ph.D.
Professor of Microbiology

Wanker... ;-p

My "From" address is munged - click "Reply To" to respond via email.
Stopped by the local Hobby Lobby since it was close to my last chance to use the all merchandise 40% off internet coupon.
I was going to burn it on some Impulse Buy kit that would sit on my shelf forever but then I spotted something cool sitting on top of the Testors paint rack: an Alumilite Mini Casting Kit! This kit contains all the materials you need to get started in resin casting. A few months ago, a friend of mine who manufactures resin ships & accessories showed me how he does resin casting and it is surprisingly easy. Since then, I've been looking to try some resin casting but wasn't quite sure how to get started. This Alumilite kit has everything my mentor said I would need so I bought it. Retail is $28.99 but with the 40% off coupon, it was only $17.39. I found it with the model paints but it could be located somewhere else in your local Hobby Lobby store. More info is at http://www.alumilite.com/line.cfm Check it out!
Martin
Anyone know where I can get an 1/32 SC 500, or AB 250, or AB 500 ??
TIA
AM