Hobby Lobby and Mantua Classics

I stopped by HL on the way home tonight - their internet coupon this week is 40% off any one item (limit one coupon per person per day). I was thinking about getting some Woodland Scenics material, but to my surprise, I saw that they had the Mantua Classics 0-6-0 in stock. It was not with the train stuff, but behind glass in the art supplies counter (I had taken a quick look to check out airbrush and compressor prices).

Of course, this is the ancient Big Six model; however, the new paint ops and detail are pretty nice. I picked up the only UP they had in stock - regular 49.99, so $32 with the discount and taxes. Just about right for that model, in my opinion. They also had Santa Fe and B&O units in stock.

Thought I'd pass it on - in the past, the local store was limited to train sets and once in a while Model Power locos; you never know what you might find there.

Chris KC

Reply to
cschultz