Christmas at Hobby Lobby

Well... Looks like there is a Hobby Lobby in Louisvile, right next to Jefferson mall. Now I get to see what all the chitter chat is about.

Went in yesterday. Fairly impressive. Found the Trump 1/350 Lex one unmarked, one marked 99.99 and one marked 69.99. Went home and got the 40% off coupon. Went back today and the wife bought it for me for my Christmas present fpr $42. Woo-hoo! My son got me the Minicraft 777-200 (marked $20) in the old school Pan Am markings. I'd grabbed the MC 1/144 PAA China Clipper yesterday for $13.

All in all a good Christmas.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Frank, I hate you...

Frank Kranick (the hateful Frank)

Okay, just kidding - good for you. Merry Christmas!

I still hate you...

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

"Francis X. Kranick, Jr." wrote in news:CqSdnaLf28r_TRDYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com:

Fortuneately I am the forgiving kind.

Can't get mad this time of year, especially since I bought the wife a 5 candle candle holder/sculpture thingy for the jacuzzi tub in our bathroom. And I think we're going to test burn those candles tonite, too. Did I mention how great my wife is? 8)

Ho, ho, ho.

The loving Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

If you post tomorrow we'll know you survived the test burns. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

They'll find Scranton.....someday. Whether that's before or after Lancaster, who knows?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Every once in a while, they put out clearance merchandise (including models) in the far left hand corner of the store (far left hand corner as you walk in the entrance). The last time I went there about 2 weeks ago, they had clearance models on one of those square display stands just in front of the model aisle.

Reply to
RobG

(snip)

You *know* you'll see them (or any hobby retailer for that matter!) in Lancaster before Scranton. We're the backwater of most social trends, new stores and fashion. And when we do get a Hobby Lobby of our own, the company will have grown into the business to realize the low prices they've honored were mistakes and correct that - just in time for the Scranton store's grand opening... ;-) FWIW, Internethobbies.com is located about 10 miles north of me and the fella who runs it has a retail store and he seems a good egg. So, if you're in the area...

Frank Kranick

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

"RobG" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@n51g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

That's where it was yesterday.

And I didn't forget about you Rob. We're still settlin' in. I'm going to vounteer for that civilian program you mentioned, but when it's a bit consistently warmer and I can take off for a day or two on the weekend.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Oh wouldn't I like to be! Just to see the mountains again, if nothing else. Maybe, if I win the Lottery....

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

"Gray Ghost" wrote

What, you finally left NoVa? I told you to get out of there years ago.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

"Kurt Laughlin" wrote in news:z62kh.7126$Rc5.2398 @trnddc01:

Yup. 25 minute commute, big house, 5 acres with room to shoot. And plenty o' modelin' room. What's not to like. People are even friendly.

But we are going back this weekend for Christmas with the inlaws. Ah well, I can stand it for a coupla days.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

"Gray Ghost" wrote

Well, hopefully it will improve your, well, ... um... er .... "disposition". You were too close to the things that pushed your buttons there.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

I think they have just about all gone to this format of displaying a constant supply of "sale" models. My Hobby Lobby does the same thing in the same place. Hope that doesn't spell the demise of thier 40 and

50 percent sales!

Rusty White Flagship Models Inc. flagshipmodels.com

RobG wrote:

Reply to
Rusty White

Stopped by there today with the wife, all kits were 30% off so I grabbed the new Dragon Marder II for $30.

Yeah, I'd wait for warmer weather before heading up to Zussman to be a human target.

Reply to
RobG

"RobG" wrote in news:1167346032.470152.168030 @n51g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Err, yeah. I rather expect any accidental or otherwise physical contact to be a bit more painful in the cold and wet. BTW can you ask for a specific role? Like real bad guy (shooter/bomber). Though I'd want to know more about the role before committing otherwise just member of noisy mob is OK, too.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost