For those of you jealosu of the Hobby Lobby 40% off coupns.

Apparently Micheals has joined that club.
I have a 10% off the whole order and a 40% off one item printed and going
into my pocket.
They may not have as good a selection as HL but 40% off is 40% off.
Yee-haa!

I got a box of like 1 or 2,000 popsicle type sticks for about 4 bucks a while
ago. Lifetime supply of paint and other stuff mixers.
Reply to
ftauss
Michael's have had those in the Sunday flyers for years, but often I don't see any kits worth buying. Although I have picked up those pre-painted Star Wars kits for my son. They are rather neat.
Reply to
RobG
RobG wrote in news:23648982.3.1336562362332.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@ynia9:
Yes went there tonite. A big dissapointment after Hobby Lobby.
Reply to
ftauss
l.geo-discussion-forums@ynia9:
Don't have a Hobby Lobby in my area, but on a recent trip to the Jersey Shore I passed a Hobby Lobby tractor/trailer on the Pennsy Turnpike. Thought about hijacking it, but I figured they'd track me down through eBay when I tried to unload the contents.
Andy
Reply to
Andy
RobG wrote in news:29475095.3234.1336651414959.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@ynjj16:
The only decent places down there is the place in Elizabethtown and SRI. But SRI is even further for you than HL.
Reply to
ftauss
Depends on which HL I go to. There is one near SRI and there is one by the = Jefferson Mall which is several miles closer. The place in E-town, Hobby St= ation, has a very wide selection of model kits, but are priced really high.= Often more than the $10 fuel figure I use to determine whether or not it i= s better to drive to Lville and back. He rarely has more than one of a part= icular new kit too.
SRI is 50 miles from me, 100 mile round trip, but has a store the wife like= s to shop at in the same area. I do not go to SRI for anything specific. I = only go there if the wife wants a trip to her store.
Reply to
RobG
RobG wrote in news:32768122.468.1337097227434.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@ynja8:
That's it Hobby Station. Admittedly he does turn over his stock, but it's a funny joint. I had one manager tell me they didn't carry Evergreen plastic becuase "there wasn't much demand, people weren't scratch building anymore". It was worth it to browse once and again to see what he had.
He even had a Dr Who Dalek one at a good price. Shoulda snatched it up.
The HL by Jeff Mall, that was the one I went to. I'm not sure they are entirely clear on the concept. What they should be doing is trying to hook kids by giving them a place to hang out while Mom does her thing. Some of the stock meets that, other, I don't know. The old Tami Panther is a constant.
OTOH I got a Trumpy 1:350 Lexington for under $50 bucks combining a mismark and a 40 off coupon. 8). I will say that thier art supplies are decent. Brushes ain't to bad, depending on how much you want to spend, and if you want to experiment with artist paint, oils and acrylics, they have a great selection plus numerous other mediums, pastes what have you. They also have general workbench type stuff you don't know you need until you see it. Jars for cleaning brushes, Pink Soap for cleaning brushes, even palletes, I go with small 6 well palletes for mixing nowadays.
I ALWAYS liked SRI. But I'm a train guy, too. The selection, I thought anyway, was always fairly mainstream, prices weren't bad (i was just broke all the time), books, mags, AM. Also brass and platic scratchbuilding supplies. Not enough 1/48 armor or 1/72 for that matter.
There is a guy who works there, or used to, named Dan who is or was the keeper of the famed banana beer swilling, one primate accident on a tricycle - Dan's Monkey.
Sadly, back in Northern Virginia almost all the shops have closed and the one that's still open is owned by a guy that bitched to the local gov't about vendors showing up at the local IPMS monthly club meetings. In order to level the playing field he insisted that the anyone doing business at a meeting had to act like a real business. Unfortunately in this state that means to many licenses and other crap to make it worth while. And since we meet in a county high school... I don't much like that on a personal level, so I may not be going back there again.
There is one place left, Hobby Works. I remember it as being well stocked, but it's in a spot, for me, that I have to be going that way for something else to want to get there and so far nothing has presented itself. It's just far enough out of my line of march to and from work in traffic to not be worth it.
Well, there is one other place kinda close but he's mainly RC though he does make a game attmept at the other stuff.
I do know that I am glad to be back with my old club. Great bunch of guys, some very talented folks.
Reply to
ftauss
I believe the Dalek is still there. He does get plenty of estate sales old = kits. Much of it priced at eBay collector's prices, some of it is quite rea= sonable. I did grab a couple vintage kits just to try to sell on eBay and m= ade a killing with a handful of Tamiya/Hawk 1/48-1/50 Crusader tank kits.
The vast majority of that store appears to be collectable large figures of = Star Wars, Harry Potter, Battle Barbies, stuff along movie lines. Armor mod= els is about half a section of shelving. Aircraft and autos have a whole sh= elf section, maybe two for cars.
Any recent Dragon armor kit, and I could buy two online delivered for less = than his shelf price plus tax.
Reply to
RobG
RobG wrote in news:29112205.464.1337169936534.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@ynia8:
No kiddin'. I looked at those and could not for the lie of me figure out what they were. That'll learn me. 8)
Yes, on some of his stuff the pricing is, um, optimistic.
Reply to
ftauss

Site Timeline