Perhaps of Interest: Hobby Lobby Clearance

Found a good sized stash of assorted Estes E, C11 & a few B motors all on clearance at 50% or more off original sticker in the nearest Hobby Lobby. No motors at all at the next nearest Hobby Lobby - so take your chances. The weird thing was the same size motors were also on the regular pegs at the newest list prices. Did they go clearance simply because of a price change? Weird way to run an army but I'm all sticked up and happy. Now that I have some, is there anything unusual about the E series I should know? How is the V2 Kit for E power? I've been away from flying rockets for some time. Thanks. Neutrodyne

Reply to
John H. Smith

Check out

. You'll get all your questions answered there. Sincerely, Darian Rachal

Reply to
Darian Rachal

Estes V-2 (maxi or 4' diameter version) will fly on the E9-4 IF you follow the following:

1) Build it stock. Do not add weight. Do not add too much paint. Do not add nylon parachutes (i.e. do not add weight). Do not use Epoxy since it adds weight.

2) Launch with NO WIND or maybe a light breeze below 5 mph.

3) Use a sturdy launch pad with a 1/4" x 6' steel launch rod. A 4' long rod is generally too short to allow the model to build up speed to fly straight.

If you follow these 'rules' you will fly pretty straight and a bit higher than a D12-3. The D12-3 will get the maxi V-2 off the pad faster since it weighs less and has a higher initial thrust spike, but it does not have as much total impulse as the E9-4.

Now, if you want to actually lose the V-2, try an Aerotech F21-4 or even an F21-6.

Photos of the V-2 flying on E9-4 many times are on the photo page of the jimz website.

scroll to bottom of photo list.

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

Fred Shecter

WOW Estes had a FOUR FOOT diameter V2??!!? It would be perfectly stable on an E-9, cuz it would remain on the launch rod for the entire flight!

Reply to
JIM

Fat Finger Failure.

Faulty Phalange Foul-up.

4 inch. (")

At least I didn't say the rod should be a minimum of 6" long......

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

Fred Shecter

That's what all the spam in your inbox is for...

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Where? I searched the past week and didn't see any thing about this.

Bob Kaplow