Kudos to Spherachutes

Preamble: I started writing this about 6PM local time and it was posted immediately via dial-up :-)>

Anyhow, I did my L3 in 2001 with the usual bevy of loaned hardware/amenities/accoutrements, not the least of which was a 14' Spherachute via the transplanted-NJ-ite (to VA.)Bill Rossi. It was nicknamed the "Lucky Chute" as there had been 5 or 6 successful L3 certs and several other L3 flights it had taken a ride on. The moniker remained intact following my L3 pass.

Last season I brought my Mega Nuke out for its first EX pass. The motor was a Scott Raumberger 'tuned' APS Screamin' Demon formula that spec'ed out at an M2100, 10KN-s. While the motor was nothing short of awesome, my flight was a little less than so. I had miscalc'ed the launch rail velocity and true-to-form, that bad girl took a mild left on its way up... under hard acceleration. It flew downrange about a mile and a quarter and while drogueless at apogee, was moving pretty fast on the way down. The "Lucky Chute" took quite a hammerin and despite its injuries, (two longitudinal panel tears) the rocket touched down pretty lightly. Before Bill left for greener pastures (and better fishing), he bequeathed the injured "Lucky Chute" on me, saying that it "probably could be fixed".

(Note: 8779' altitude from a 30-40 degree trajectory at burnout. I'm bettin' the house on 10,500'.)

I made contact with Shane at Spherachutes and gave him a heads-up. (He knew this chute's rep and the sentimental value it held for many METRA flyersl.) I sent it to him May 21th and received it back from him the 29th. Repaired. Gratis. Need I say more?

Reply to
Gene

EX?

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Spherachutes: Great products, great prices, great service!

Reply to
RayDunakin

Yep - they're the best in the business. Can't say enough good,

Jerry O

Reply to
Jerry O'Sullivan

Yup, mine works great. I found a beauty attached to a rocket in Price, MD and I took it home for myself. I think there is a saying....finders keepers :-)

-Rob

Reply to
Rob Bazinet

Glad no one did that with the one that I lost a Price. I was sure happy when it was returned.

-JT

Rob Baz> Yup, mine works great. I found a beauty attached to a rocket in Price, MD

Reply to
Jeff Taylor

Cool! Was this from the V2?

-Rob

Reply to
Rob Bazinet

Yep, she's back in the hanger.

-JT

Rob Baz> Cool! Was this from the V2?

Reply to
Jeff Taylor

Awesome. In decent shape? When did this occur?

-Rob

Reply to
Rob Bazinet

Agreed! I have a 72" Sphereachute, and I'm tickled shitless with it. Excellent products, prices, and most importantly, service.

-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L2

J.A. Michel

Now, THAT's a testimonial!

Reply to