TBM Avenger in 1/48 -- who made on that's not AM?

Small son picked up a built-up Avenger at Telford for £1 ("give a model a
new home," for charity.... GREAT idea). It's 1/48 scale, with raised lines
and lots of rivets, but it LOOKS the part. It's certainly not an AM one, but
seems pretty well done. Measuring it, it looks like it might be closer to
1/50 scale. I can't find anything online about anything other than the AM
kit. Anyone know who made it? Looks as if it could possibly be classic
Revell...
Bestest,
M.
Reply to
Matt Bacon
Probably the old Monogram.
Matt Bac>
Reply to
Ron
Several options: Old Monogram, although I think theirs was true 1/48. There was also a kit by, I believe Fujima, and a very old one by Lindberg.
Bill Shuey
Reply to
William H. Shuey
If it's the Lindberg it will have movable aelirons and a wing radome. The Monogram kit has a .30 caliber in the cowl making it a dash 1 where the AM kit is a -1C with .50's in the wings. Not Fujimi but Nichimo made an illegal copy of the Monogram mold and did so with other Mono kits (Me-109, Dauntless, P-38, etc.) I guess that's how it's done; copy someone else's work and then strike out on your own. hth
The Keeper (of too much crap!)
Reply to
Keeper
Bill,
I believe the Japanese-manufactured model was Nichimo's copy of the Monogram 1/48th scale kit.
Don McIntyre Clarksville, TN
Reply to
Don McIntyre
How do you know it's not a TBF? :)
Reply to
frank may
i have the nichimo 262 kit and it is an exact copy of the lindberg.even has flash in the same places.
Is the parts layout on the sprues exactly the same? The Nichimo kits I've examined have layouts differing from the original Mono ostensibly to avoid IP suits. tia,
The Keeper (of too much crap!)
Reply to
Keeper
Reminds me of the Frog/Hasegawa Lightning F.6s. Same parts, different layout.
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
Hmm. Maybe Hasegawa copying Frog before the agreement to repackage Hasegawa kits in Frog boxes. Cheers,
The Keeper (of too much crap!)
Reply to
Keeper