A model in a weekend

I know that Eduard have a "Weekend" series, which are simplified kits that can be completed in a couple of days. Has anyone actually completed any kit
in a weeked?
Well, I have! *strutt* :-D
Revell 1/72 Hunter F6, using a Quickboost rear fuselage and Xtradecal X72-063 to produce a Republic of Singapore Air Force Hunter FGA.74B. I started it yesterday at about 10am and I've just put the finishing touches to it. I particularly like the way it is in USAF SEA-style camouflage but using British Standard colours. It looks significantly different to other SEA cam aircraft.
The Revell Hunter is ideal as a "weekend" kit.
What's your weekend kit?
--
Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.

Takes me a weekend to clear the stuff off my modeling table.

kit
i dont belive you, your a big fat liar.....unless you can prove it with fotos :-)
Jules wrote:

'cos you can *never* fake digital photos... can you? ;-)
Mind you, I'm starting to wonder what other models could be completed in a weekend. I wonder if an F-15A in Air Superiority Blue would be a candidate.
--
Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.
Enzo Matrix wrote:

Not if you have to modify the wingtips to prototype configuration.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Mad-Modeller wrote:

I saw a F-15 in ASB being transported through our town with the wings detached, probably heading somewhere to be a gate guardian. The camouflage may not have panned out operationally, but it sure looked great.
Pat
Mad-Modeller wrote:

It won't be a prototype. It will be one of the initial deliveries to the 555TFTS. See my post about WolfPak decals.
--
Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.

best I did was 3 Tamiya Shermans and Stuarts. No paint fully assembled. Those kits are easy. But I do not recommend modeling at 2am to do so. Fingers into x-xacto knives, etc...
Craig
Craig
Enzo Matrix wrote:

Two *days* ?
It's taken me two *years* to buy the superglue to stick the steps back on a Stanier 2-6-2t and I still haven't done it yet!
(kim)
Enzo Matrix wrote:

Last one has to have been sometime in the '60s when I could whip them out, still wet, in an afternoon.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
I did it again! I completed another model in a weekend.
This time it was a Revell 1/72 Hunter FGA9 - essentially the same kit as last weekend. I used the Quickboost conversion nose and completed it as a Hunter FR10 of IV(AC) Sqn. That is a subject that has been on my "to do" list for a very long time.
Okay... to be honest I started the model late on Friday afternoon and I've only just attached the canopy. I've worked on it over three days but I'm still claiming it as a weekend model. :-D
I think the Revell 1/72 Hunter is an ideal short-term project. If you find yourself in the modelling doldrums, maybe bogged down in a big project, then grab one of these and see if you can knock it out in a weekend. I've completed three of these kits in a month, doubling my Hunter collection. The problem I have now is that I have decals for about another two dozen models and I could very easily get obsessed! :-D
--
Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.
Enzo,
Which camera nose did you use? The Quickboost nose that I nearly bought turned out not to be for the FR10. It was for a few FGA9s that had a single nose camera installed for some training purpose late in life. Is there another for the FR10 or did you use the Mk11 nose as originally planned?
Gordon McLaughlin

Gordon McLaughlin wrote:

I used the Quickboost QB 72129 part. It's a clear resin part. It has two etched windows - one either side of the nose - and it certainly looks right when installed.
--
Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.

right
next time (for the first time....i aint finnished a Mbox 2 seater after 5 years) im doing the hunter with a FRS1 nose...

Jules wrote:

I'm surprised that no one has released a conversion kit of the Hunter T-bird. There are a number of interesting schemes for that one.
--
Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.
Thanks, Enzo, I'll give that a try. I'm fighting my way through the Xtrakit Meteor F8 at the moment. Somehow, I've managed to get something out of kilter and I have a lot of rubbing down to do. My fault, I reckon.
Gordon McLaughlin

Gordon McLaughlin wrote:

Well... seeing as it's an MPM kit, it doesn't have any locating pins.
--
Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.
Enzo Matrix wrote:

Does that include detailing the ejector seat which I've read is pretty bland?
(kim)
kim wrote:

Seat belts made from tin foil. The cockpit is small so there isn't very much to be seen anyway, especially if you build it with the canopy open, in which case the canopy frame obscures most of the seat.
--
Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.
Enzo Matrix wrote: