Trumpeter 1/32 scale early MiG-21

I've been looking at the MiG-21 F-13 kit since it was released and I finally bought one yesterday. A quick look at the instructions raised a question, though. Does anyone know when the Soviets went to the medium blue-green cockpit color? The Trumpeter 1/48 scale MiG-15 kit says to paint the cockpit "blue" but I'm almost positive that is wrong because I've been in the cockpit of an unrestored Korean War MiG-15 (quite some time ago) and am almost positive it was a medium-light gray. I also seem to remember (though not as certain) that the early MiG-21s were also the same gray color. Is my memory faulty or is Trumpeter mistaken in calling out "pearl blue" as the correct color for the early MiG-21s?

-- -- " In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

My home page:

Bill Woodier

Thank you for responding to my question on the color of MiG interiors, Meindert.

-- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

My Home Page:

Bill Woodier