Mark Schynert

From: Mark Schynert snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net

My question is...why would someone WANT to wait until the fuselage was glued together before painting the cockpit? Seems like that is just imposing unnecessary grief upon oneself but, that's just my opinion ;~)

-- -- " In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

My home page:

Bill Woodier

Inserting a pilot figure will save you a bit of trouble. If there's an instrument panel decal that can be easily inserted. In this scale there's not much use in overdoing it.

Reply to
Tom Cervo

Yeah, you're right--I gathered the thrust of the problem was that he got this model in that condition and was trying to paint the interior anyway.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

MY POINT EXACTLY!!! I'm totally baffled as to why anyone would assemble a model in this way but apparently some people do.

Martin

Reply to
Martin

After examining an unassembled Ki-44 it's become apparent that the original cockpit is merely a "bucket with seat" that glues into the fuselage. Whether you use a brush or airbrush it's about a 60 second job to cover the bucket, exposed fuselage sills, etc. Give it brown wash and you're done.

Now if by some chance you've got an aftermarket cockpit with sidewall and floor detail you can also use the above direction or refer to Mark's instructions. Either way, once you put the canopy on you're not going to see much so don't agonize too long. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper